Week 8 is now behind us and for the first time this season I can say I went 6-0 in all my leagues. It's a very nice feeling. I'm also happy I got some great sleeper picks last week, from DeAngelo Hall to T.J. Ward. If you have any questions, make sure to let me know: how many teams in your league, scoring type and roster positions. Best of luck for Week 9 with plenty of teams on their bye week. If you need more dept,h please leave a comment and I will answer as quickly as I can. IDP wise this is one of the trickier weeks. Here are a few Week 9 IDP Waiver Wire Pickups for this week.
- Craig Robertson (CLE): Before you criticize this pick, Cleveland is facing the Ravens, the team who gives up the most points to linebackers. He is also coming off a huge week with 11 tackles and a sack.
- Nick Roach (OAK): I have this guy in one of my leagues as my LB2. He doesn’t have big play abilities, but will give you 8-10 tackles per game on a consistent basis. Pick him up in week 9 as he faces the Eagles who are generous to opposing linebackers.
- Curtis Lofton (NOS): IF anyone has noticed, this is the 3rd week in a row I am placing Lofton on this list. HE NEEDS TO BE PICKED UP. And on top of that, he is facing a Bills offense that is 5th in points allowed to linebackers.
- Robert Mathis (IND): Only for Week 9 as he faces a great running offense in Houston and will also likely face a backup QB. So you can expect 8-10 tackles and 1 sack.
- Chandler Jones (NEP): I picked him up 2 weeks ago when he faced the Jets and I benefited like crazy. I dumped him last week for Laamar Houston and I now regret it. He is the 3rd ranked DL and is facing Big Ben and his paper thin OL.
- Laamar Houston (OAK): On my list last week and remains here. I leave him here because look at his next 4 games: Eagles, Giants, Texans and Titans. Pick him up as he will do wonders against these teams.
- Ropati Pitoitua (TEN): I might be reaching here, but he is facing St Louis who gives up the 2nd most points to defensive linemen. If you have a top 3 lineman on a bye this week, look at Ropati. He will get you 5-6 pts this week.
- Eric Weddle (SDC): Weddle should be on a roster, but he could be on your waiver wire as he is still a free agent in over 40% of ESPN leagues. Eric is a solid play every week, I like him this week as he faces Washington, with many runs coming his way. You can count on 7-10 tackles.
- Antoine Bethea (IND): Okay first things first, I do not like Antoine on a week by week basis. I think he is way too inconsistent and his productivity always depends on Jerrell Freeman and others. However, I do like him in Week 9 vs Houston who allows the most points to defensive backs. Pick him up with caution.
- DeAngelo Hall (WAS): Who saw his stat line last week? He is facing Rivers this week, so I am counting on at least 2 turnovers by DeAngelo.
- Earl Thomas (SEA): Not sure how he is still free in just under 50% of ESPN leagues. Guys he is a solid DB1, so pick him up for the rest of the year, regardless of matchups.
Best of Luck to all this week and if you need anything hit me up on Twitter or the forum.