What a wild and crazy week 9. One thing stood out for sure, several sure fire waiver wire pickups emerged and/or solidified themselves as sure bets going forward. Here's my week 9 waiver wire pickups ranked in order of importance. Look for consistency when adding folks you plan on using for the long term. Otherwise, most of you are using this article for bye week spot fills. Speaking of bye weeks, here's the team on bye this week: : Atlanta, Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo, Detroit, Tennessee
Waiver Wire Running backs for Week 9
- Denard Robinson -Two weeks of solid production mean you can trust him and as an added bonus I won't pick him up and play him, which means he should continue to produce.
- Jonas Gray - You never know what Bill is going to do on the week to week basis, but it looks like Gray is capable and if you miss on Robinson this is your pickup.
- Lorenzo Taliaferro - Weekly touchdown potential gives Taliaferro flex appeal each week.
- Bobby Rainey - Rainey has RB2 potential if starting in Week 9, just monitor the Doug Martin injury.
- Tre Mason - RBBC can kill you in fantasy but Im not ready to give up on Mason.
- Jeremy Hill - Doesn't sound like Gio Bernard's hip injury is that bad but regardless he's a TD waiting to happen if you're desperate in week 9.
- DeAngelo Williams / Jonathan Stewart: I hope you can do better...
- Charles Sims, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6%)- Between Doug Martin injury and trade talks, Sims makes for a nice speculation pickup if you have the space on your bench.
- The Rest: Theo Riddick, Anthony Dixon, Bryce Brown
Waiver Wire Quarterbacks for Week 9
- Carson Palmer - He's been very consistent and is worth of a start on almost any given Sunday.
- Eli Manning - We saw what Ben Roethlisberger just did to the Colts and the Colts do struggle on the road, but it's Eli so temper your expectations.
- Joe Flacco - The Steelers are hot right now, so this could bite you.
- Ryan Tannehill - He's "on a roll" by Miami standards and this one is at home.
- Andy Dalton - Versus the Jags, which usually means fantasy football points galor.
Waiver Wire Tight Ends for Week 9
- Dwayne Allen - Probably not available in TD only leagues. Nevertheless, he's worth of a bye week filler in PPR formats.
- Travis Kelce - see above
- Owen Daniels -
Waiver Wire Wide Receivers for Week 9
- Odell Beckham - He' s on fire as of late and if you saw him play in college you know he's the real deal.
- Brandon LaFell - Brady is back... for now. Which make LaFell my #2 pickup this week.
- Allen Robinson - He's getting it done, even if it's garbage time who cares in fantasy football?
- Martavis Bryant - Ben Roethlisberger's new big target has been giving fantasy team managers dozens of points, it's time you open your eyes.
- Davante Adams - He's on a bye week but worth of a roster spot in deep leagues.
- Donte Moncrief - Value depends on when Reggie Wayne injury status, but electric rookie has been doing well in Wayne's absence.
- Andre Holmes - Big play guy for deep leagues only. Temper your expectation and avoid in PPR leagues.
Waiver Wire Defenses for Week 9
- Kansas City Chiefs D/ST (64.5 percent owned) vs. New York Jets
- Minnesota Vikings D/ST (6.4 percent owned) vs. Washington Redskins
- Cleveland Browns D/ST (26.2 percent owned) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Other: Bengals - host Jaguars