A trip down memory lane: SportsChump heads home for the holidays

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by SportsChump, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Funny things happen when you grow up in New York City. While the Big Apple is universally recognized as the greatest city in the world – and rightfully so – New Yorkers inherently know that to be true. We wear that hometown pride on our sleeve.

New Yorkers are born with a different energy, a joie de vivre, that undeniable you-talkin’-to-me attitude and an internal GPS that gives us the ability to hop on a bus or subway and know exactly where we are and how to get to where we’re going. We also are among the few Americans who still know what a bus and subway are.

The trip continues at: http://sportschump.net/2014/01/16/a...portschump-heads-home-for-the-holidays/12884/

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i agree

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

He he, thanks, Smeags.

It was good to be home. Despite the weather.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

True about buses and subways, but my hat's off to any city (Manhattan) and its citizens that has over 13,000 taxis patrolling the streets.....385 cabs per square mile!

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

New York, Texas, and New Jersey are the worst for patting themselves on the back just for being born/living in a certain place.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Mark...

No wonder traffic is so damn bad.

Steve...

Don't forget Bostonians.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I've never personally heard anyone introduce themselves by saying, "hi my name is blah blah, I'm from Boston." I can't say the same as it those other 3 places.