Huge Boulder Narrowly Misses Farmhouse

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Tarkus, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Dislodged by a landslide, this boulder narrowly missed a farmhouse, destroyed the barn, and stopped in the vineyard on Jan. 21, 2014 in Ronchi di Termeno, in Northern Italy. According to reports, the Trebo family living there was unharmed.

A second boulder stopped just feet behind the traditional stone farmhouse in the rocky region of Alto-Adige. This boulder came to rest near a large rock that rolled down the mountain many years ago.

[​IMG]

2. Tarkus

This always amazes me how some people live on the edge of tragedy. This happened before so I'd have a hard time feeling sorry if it killed them all.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Holy crape. I hear they are moving to Boulder, CO.

Omen and Tarkus like this.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD -

WHere's the video?

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I smell another Oscar nom for James Franco

6. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Really?? That's like saying people shouldn't live in Oklahoma because they have tornados,or you shouldn't live in Japan because they have Hurricanes.People live on the edge of tragedy everyday,all over the world.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Fake without video.

8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Are you sayin the Internet lies??:ROFLMAO:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nah...I won't bad talk the internet...that motherfreaker could ruin you...

10. Tarkus

This isn't remotely a weather related situation. I will say, however, if you choose to live in a high risk area that have 100s of tornados a year, more power to you. Just don't come calling for money next time your trailer gets relocated in the next county.

This scenario is simple...big f'n rock narrowly misses taking your whole family out. You assess the situation...there's more big f'n rocks waiting their turn but my family's been here for generations.

Once again, more power to you & I think you' re a moron. See? No harm done & we both get what we want...

Which in some cases is unavoidable but not in this case. Just sheer stupidity...

& the frequency of people living on the edge of tragedy all over the world doesn' t have any bearing whether it' s avoidable/unavoidable - smart/stupid.