#1 Prospect Andrew Wiggins Chooses Kansas

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, May 14, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Andrew Wiggins, a 6-foot-7 small forward and the top player in the senior class, has signed a national letter of intent with the Kansas Jayhawks after also considering Florida State, Kentucky and North Carolina.

Wiggins, the best Canadian prospect since Steve Nash, averaged 23.6 points, 11.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists for Huntington Prep in West Virginia last season after growing up in Toronto. He was named the Naismith High School player of the year.

"I'm looking forward to getting there and just doing my thing," Wiggins said.

Kansas coach Bill Self said he was pleasantly surprised by Wiggins' announcement because "we never had an idea which way he was leading.

"Andrew did this the exact way he said he was going to," Self said in a news release. "He played his cards very close to his vest as did his mother and father. I knew we were one of four. The competition was very stiff and we were fortunate that we were able to ink him today. He's a tremendous talent and a terrific kid."

Source: ESPN