11 Teams Above .500 In AFC

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Nov 3, 2014.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

But there are only 6 post-season spots. So, who are the actual 6 'contenders' that will still be playing after the regular season.

I think we all agree the Patriots, Colts, and Broncos are the most likely to get there but how about the remaining 3 spots?

The Steelers seem to be starting to click. I think the Bengals are pretty talented on both sides of the ball. And even though they're beating up on each other in the AFC North this season, I think the Ravens will get there. So, I guess those are my last 3 into the playoffs.

Anyone think the Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Chargers, or Chiefs have a better chance?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Chiefs are playing good ball right now.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

As are the...Dolphins? So weird to type that.

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

So surprised after Dolphins lost so much from their offensive line last year, that they'd be in the position they're in this year...

5. CaptainStubing

Yep, the phins are looking good right now. If they can keep it up, they've got a shot.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Browns?

7. CaptainStubing

they would certainly be a cinderella story but they are the browns so i expect them to flop.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Right now I'd give it to the Steelers, Chiefs and Dolphins.

9. CaptainStubing

Wow, no wild card for the afc north? Is that because you feel they will cannibalize each other?

That division is the best in the league this year so I suppose that's possible.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly. I think 3 of them will just miss because of the strength of the division. If the Steelers continue to play at the level they are playing, handle the lower tier teams like they should and not how they've done the past two seasons, they should win the division. If...they continue playing at a high level.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Chiefs and Dolphins because of their defenses and the Steelers because their favorable remaining schedule.....IF the 3 continue to play at their current levels.

12. ragman

So, after what happened last night, do you still discount the Browns?

13. CaptainStubing

Well, it's still only November but they are certainly playing well. I don't know if they will make it or not.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Were the Browns really good or the Bengals so pathetically lackluster last night that the Browns performance can be considered a barometer of them making the playoffs? I agree with Capt. Only November and still a lot to play. Personally, I'd like to see them make it much like the KC Royals.

15. ragman

The rest of their schedule doesn't really look all that bad.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bengals play 3 of their last four against AFC North teams. The fourth game being against the Broncos.

17. ragman

Exactly. The Browns just may get in.

18. CaptainStubing

The afc still has 10 teams above .500 plus 2 more teams at 5-5. They are piling up wins against the bottom 4 teams in the conference (jets, jags, raiders, and titans) who are a combined 5-35 thus far.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I believe (or at least they were) piling up wins against the NFC as well. That could've possibly changed...I'm not sure.

20. CaptainStubing

Yep, there are some bad teams in the nfc too that teams are piling up wins against ..... they just aren't as bad as the 4 dogs in the afc.