2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I like a lot of everyone's recent picks actually, especially Mario Harvey and Lawrence Guy..

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Herzlichs already gone if Im not mistaken.

EDIT: Yep. I'll wait on the AZ pick until you redo yours.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Pick changed, my bad

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Took Hurd for AZ, they needed Oline help badly at this point...Hurd will probably play inside even though he's awfully tall for a guard IMO. Mauler type guard with the build of a tackle, we'll see how that translates to the NFL.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Plus he had the most awesome picture of anyone in the draft, I had to put it to good use.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Like the Hurd pick and the Jah Reid picks...was considering both of them for the Steelers and Seahawks.

7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Went with another WR for Minnesota. They need multiple WR's in this draft. Drops at the senior bowl hurt his stock, but he's definitely worth a shot in the 6th rd.
    And he can still wear purple.

8. Great pick Adam......I really wanted him in the sixth more than anyone I was targeting at this point. Could've made a nice future replacement for Barry Cofield.

I feel he's a better fit at 4-3 DT. But I can see it work at 3-4 End.

9. Thanks BBB.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Hogan, that's the guy that's been arrested twice in a 6 month span.

11. With a torn ACL to boot......

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go undrafted with those issues.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think when all is said and done, each person should post their draft class in the PICK ONLY THREAD, in the order of the first round. Post your selections in the order they were picked and then PM the next guy to do the same. Would make for a nice recap discussion. Just a thought...

13. picked Anthony Gaitor for the Titans. He is a CB with potential that went to a small school.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

3 picks in a row for me

Dallas- We havent had much luck with Kickers, buty Henery could hold it down for the next 15 years

Washington- Gray is a NT prospect Ive been liking for a long time. Big, short, nasty with a sick motor. My Dallas bias didnt want me to make this pick

Houston- Another round where I wanted an edge rusher, but didnt like the available talent. Lockette and insanely gifted project that could be the next Miles Austin

15. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

Hogan is a low risk high reward pick. I already took shareece wright and if i can get a guy with Hogans skills in the 6th round im ok with that if he was healthy and hadnt been arrested hed be a 3rd-4th round pick.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I was going to start a results discussion thread at the conclusion, post the overall results team by team and have the group "grade" them out. I suppose we could just use the pick thread though.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I was debating on taking Henery for The Eagles with their second pick in round 5 as they had two picks, but felt like Conte was a better value pick with a need arising at SS. I was close to picking Henery though. I think he is going to be a good one.

18. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Harper i thought was excellent value at 180, he's a good runner with great hands and will block. I feel fortunate to get a back of this quality this late

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Even better!!

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Was looking to grab him for the Steelers this round. Nice pick...