2011 GIF Collaboration Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

If there's no time limit then all it takes is one person to stall the whole thing out indeterminately.

2. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

was not expecting to see fairley at my pick he can play 3-4 DE and be an absolute terror because hes big strong and can penetrate and plays with a nastiness that the niners are really lacking they dont have players that try to do harm when they tackle He will bring that fire

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im gonna get hecked at 9

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

at least it won't cost you

5. I think a 4 hr. time slot for round 1.

a 3 hr. time slot for all other picks.

6. Dallas is on the clock.

I picked Bowers for the Titans. I think he is an elite DE and will be a stud in the NFL.

The Titans are unlikely to resign DE Jason Babin so that leaves a spot open.

Other needs were QB/DT.

I don't think a QB is worth a top 10 pick in the whole draft.

Fairley and Daureus were both gone and no other DT is worth a top 10.

7. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Good pick adam, i actually thought you might have went QB there, much better value with Bowers

8. do it this way:

all 1st round teams will have 4 hrs to pick.

the clock starts at 7 am and ends at 11:59 pm.

If you're going to be out or won't be here to make your pick send a list of 5 players you want at your pick to axionjackson.

9. mike oxlong

JJ is going to be pissed. lol

Bowers was the right pick. The only other option was as CStevenson said, a QB, but with Bowers you get a stud. After Fridays Pro Day, he might not be there at 8. Nice Pick.

10. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I'm surprised the QBs are still here past #5.

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Wonder what JJ is gonna do now, i know he'd trade down if he could!

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah I mentioned in my analysis that while I picked Green, I would almost certainly expect the Browns to trade out of 6 with both QBs on the board

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Im not, they don't deserve to be picked yet. I was actually thinking earlier that Im kind of "proud" (for lack of a better word) of everyone for not going qb just because thats whats supposed to happen.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

JJ done did.

15. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I probably would have traded down from #1. Would have unloaded Thomas Davis.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Inclulbus is going to join and take a couple of teams from the people who had 3. Indianapolis and Oakland are now his.

17. mike oxlong

where's JJ?

18. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

and my jaguars(in this game only lol) would be willing to trade with him right now!

thinking back i probably should have taken Quinn but oh well im ok with fairley

19. mike oxlong

I think they meant he would have traded down when Cowboys were on the clock. I believe the clock expires in about 15 minutes and I got dibs on making the pick for Houston.

20. mike oxlong

As far as First Round pass rushers left, JJ Watt is the best choice for Houston, they would have loved Prince for their awful secondary or Quinn as a pass rusher, but they would be happy with Watt for Wade Phillips new 3-4.