2012-2013 Philadelphia 76ers

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by smeags, Aug 13, 2012.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

well this seemed like the perfect time to start the sixers team thread for the upcoming season. along with letting some guys go like lou williams, jodie meek and cutting elton brand via the amnesty clause the big trade that sent iguodala to denver and nikola vucevic to orlando and brought andrew bynum here this team has completely changed the landscape of this team.

assuming bynum stays healthy and doesnt go diva this move should prove to be huge for next season and even better if he re-signs.

the sixers had too many 2/3 tweeners and had to get a better presence in the middle. they got that. not sure what the actual starting line-up will be as collins loves to play matc-ups but the following could be the standard:

c - bynum
    pf - hawes/allen
    sf - young
    pg - holliday
    sg - turner

can't wait see collins get these guys on the court and work with them. seems like collins has been the guy behind these moves over rod thorn so this is his team all the way.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I have no idea how this will shake out in the end, but I'm very excited to see what the team can do with a legit big man. It's the most exciting Sixers offseason since they drafted Iverson.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

cant wait to see this team. not going to get crazy as they have to change their whole game plan and need to gel but this puts the sixers right up there as contenders from the east.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

im excited about it to an extent i still think miami vs lakers is gonna be the finals this year gonna be awesome to watch that. I think the sixers could get passed the celtics now but miami still dont think so.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

the early look at the east looks like this to me.

1-heat
    2- bulls
    3- sixers
    4- pacers
    5- celtics
    6- hawks
    7- nets
    8- knicks

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

looks about right but idk its all just hype right now

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

exactly but it's nice to have this off season hype about the sixers.