2014 NFL Draft-Top 5 Players at each Position- Offense

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by rjpuckett, May 5, 2014.

1. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

For this article I analyzed combine results, pro day results, and the production of these players’ at the college level. I also took into consideration their size and speed, which is one of the most important things to me when evaluating a player. Quarterbacks 1. Johnny Manziel, 5-11, 207, 4.68, Texas A & M Does […]

Read the whole post here.

2. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I wonder what makes people think that Bridgewater is anything but the #1 QB. All things that you mention for Manziel have literally nothing to do with his talent. While Bridgewater is the smartest QB of the bunch. He ran a pro style offense so he knows how to run and execute them. Uses progressions. Bad pro day knocking him down is hysterical.

Andre Williams at #3 is bad. He does nothing that Carlos Hyde cant do. He literally cant catch the ball. 0 catches last season.

3. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

LitesOut13,
    I think the thing with Bridgewater is not his talent to me, but he is too quiet, almost too laid back. Your quarterback has to exude confidence and be a vocal leader. I do not get that feeling watching Bridgewater. He just does not do anything that jumps out at you. I have heard that several of the scouts that saw his struggles during pro day went back to watch more video and saw him struggle with the same things in games that he struggled with during his pro day workout. One problem was his accuracy on deep balls. Some of the scouts said they watched more video and saw him miss some open receivers on deep passes.

The thing I like best about Andre Williams is his productivity in college and his size and speed. He also tested very well at the combine showing the type of athlete he is. It is true that he does not have much experience catching the ball, but if he struggles catching the ball that can be learned with practice if you are willing to work at it.

Hyde is a very good running back as well, probably better all around than Williams, but he has some off the field issues and he appears to have tight hamstrings that can really hurt running backs. I was hoping Hyde would have a great pro day, but he got hurt running his 40 yard dash and could not continue. To me that is a red flag.

4. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

What the hell could make you randomly believe that he isnt a leader?? Just because he isnt a brash jerk like Manziel is doesnt mean he isnt a leader. There have been plenty of times where he pulls his team together and talks to them. He also does it in private. Thats a piss poor excuse of a ranking. PLUS, it literally says "Unselfish team leader in college." So he is a leader and unselfish, but he isnt loud enough for ya?? Interesting.

Also, are these your rankings?? Sounds like you based it off of reading what scouts think. Which in that case, this conversation is pointless.

Lastly, Andre Williams did not have a good combine. He was routinely blasted for how he looked. What is funny is it says "prototypical speed and size" for Williams but "needs to watch weight and get faster" for Hyde. Literally, they are the same size and height. One guy ran a 4.56 and the other 4.66. So in order for Hyde to get on Williams' level for speed he needs to increase by .10??? Thats ridiculous

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Got This At CNN/SI
    Wednesday
    2:00 p.m. ET

• The Buffalo Bills are “burning up the phone lines” in an attempt to trade up from No. 9 to either No. 2 (currently owned by the St. Louis Rams) or No. 1 overall (Houston Texans), reports ProFootballTalk. “The targets are believed to be defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and tackle Greg Robinson. It’s unclear what it would take to get a deal done. With both the Texans and Rams hoping to slide down, the Bills could spark a bidding war for a bargain.”

• One player shooting up the boards? LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr., who has a chance to go above Texas A&M’s Mike Evans, says ESPN’s Ed Werder.

11:45 a.m. ET
    • The Browns and new GM Ray Farmer are “enamored” with QB Teddy Bridgewater and “will strongly consider him at No. 26,” reports Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

• Johnny Manziel to the Jaguars? John McClain of the Houston Chronicle says “word is spreading” that Johnny Football could go to Jacksonville at No. 3.

• The Eagles reportedly “love” Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller, but it’s unlikely he’ll last until their pick at No. 22, says Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

6. rjpuckett

rjpuckett 2nd String

LitesOut13, Andre Williams had a good first preseason game tonight. He rushed for 48 yards on 7 carries showing that he can be at least the #2 back behind Rashad Jennings. But, Jennings better watch out or Williams might take his spot and become the starter.