2014 World Series: Giants And Royals

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by markaz, Oct 17, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Congrats, Wally!

Walnuts likes this.
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bumgodner, what more can I say. Incredible season, mIndblowing postseason, just wowwowowowowowowow. I approve this script!

markaz and DawkinsINT like this.
  3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Better team, errr pitcher, won. How this game played out was as predictable as they came. Bumgarner was in the Royals' head before he stepped on the rubber.

Pitcher and catchers report to Spring training 2015 on Feb. 15th.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think any playoff team bumgarner was on would have won this year.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Congrats @Walnuts for the 3rd time.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

somebody beteer make sure walnuts didnt get shot or stabbed.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Or...maybe not...

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Royals = 3 wins
    Giants = 1 win
    Bumgarner = 3 wins

Bum single-handedly won this series for the Giants. He was amazing.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, one the greatest individual performances in a WS.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Isn't that the truth? Heard this morning that SF fans in SF celebrated their third WS title by trying to destroy the city. Windows broken, cars vandalized, Two people were shot.

Stay classy, Giants fans.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Am glad i got to see the best pitching effort made by one guy in a world series in my lifetime.he may end up setting all kinds of records cause he is just 25 years old.
    wally, i hope you stayed safe last night out there in all the uglyness that followed the game. it is a shame that people choose to celebrate in such a very violent and stupid way.

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Why is it that when a team wins a championship, their fans usually take a stupid pill?

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Actually they changed the official score and awarded Baumgarner a 5-inning save for Game 7...apparently

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well he did go in with a lead, TECHNICALLY it wasnt his to win.

And I dont live in SF anymore so the riots didnt affect me, although I would have murdered a baby to be with the crowd watching the game on the projector outside City Hall.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Because its fun?

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Kudos to you and your team, @Walnuts.

Someone threw out a hypothetical question this morning that was kind of interesting. You're starting a brand new team and have anyone to chose from existing teams as your first pick. Who do you take? Amazing how many folks responded Clayton Kershaw. Right now you've got the most dominant pitcher in the game who will soon get his payday. Just fvcking WOW!

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

they had their public watch party outside of city hall? that sounds pretty lame but maybe it was cool .......... did they at least have food and beer vendors there?

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Its pretty fun, theres a huge plaza out front, they set up a jumbotron, lots of food vendors but no beer sold, although nobody stops you from bringing your own, the whole building is lit up orange, its good times.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer