2016 Regular Season Thread - The Carson Wentz Era Begins !

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by smeags, Sep 9, 2016.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Be careful. October and November are coming. Vikings, Seahawks.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

and if the eagles win those games, will we hear they aren't the teams aren't what they used to be ?

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

ITS WEEK THREE AND YOU CALL THIS AN ERA.. Please guys I think Wentz looks good and the defense has been holding its own and... and..... ... and damn, they are good as s**t.. f**k me...

4. Kurt

at least my Saints still kick ass... wait... errr

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

the era has started. how it will turn out, nobody knows, but three games in and I cant complain.

6. ragman

Three weeks in, and you and Dawk are already drinking the green Kool-Aid? SMH.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

explain this please. where in my comments does it look like I am drinking any kool aid ?

8. ragman

When you said the Eagles would be a good team for a long time to come.

9. ragman

And, you said something about worrying about them. After 3 games? I think not.

You'd better worry about playing the Lions. Weird things happen in Detroit. Just ask the Cowboys.

10. Kurt

those Cowboys... like the Pats... no nevermind lol

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

so @ragman, im drinking the kool aid because I think my team finally found a qb, a head coach and a defense that can actually produce something down the road and makes you think that every team they face is garbage?

that's why im drinking the kool aid ?

I picked the eagles to go 6-10 at the start of the season, that prediction now moves to 7-9 as I had them losing to the steelers.

I think the reality is, you're scared.

12. ragman

Of a team that's started the season 3-0? Nope.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm not scared, I'm worried. And not about this season, (I still expect the good old 8-8 for this year) but the next decade if Wentz turns out to be the real deal. Sure, we have Dak and Zeke now, but RBs age in dog years, and our defense still sucks, not to mention Jerry will pressure the coaching staff to start Romo when he's healthy.

The future of the NFC East looks promising...

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

suuuuuure you're not @ragman

TJ, its week 3, im still not convinced this team is anything but the hot topic in the league. I have been through the bobby hoyins, the kevin kolbs. all the other whatevers between randall and mcnabb.

we will see what happens here with wentz. one thing that is clear though is this, the eagles defense is nasty. very, very nasty.

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You still only see them as going 7-9? That means they would only go 4-9 the rest of the way. I'd be surprised if they go less than 6-7 from here on out based on what they've shown and this division. I think they are well rounded enough to go at least 9-7.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

just not jumping the gun dawk.

17. ragman

As nasty as the Vikings? Remember, you have to play them later.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes they are. in fact the eagles are better than the vikings in every category.

next.

19. ragman

Every one? You need to put your glasses on. You need to be careful about making sweeping generalizations.

Go to www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-defense-statistics/2016/

Tackles: Vikings: 184, Eagles 114.

Sacks: Vikings 15, Eagles 10.

INTs: Vikings 5, Eagles 3.

Fumble recovered: Vikings 4, Eagles 3.

TDs: Vikings 2, Eagles 0.

You may sit down now.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

lmao - wow, you're really upset at the thought of the eagles owning your team once again for a decade.

my bad - I was looking at the really important stats, you know, like yards & points, which conveniently you left out, but man, thanks for pointing that gigantic difference in those secondary stats. OMG two less INTs ? one less fumble ?

also, tackles are wrong according to ESPN, they have both teams at 184, plus tackles are probably the worst stat to look at - way too many variables can make an impact. like amount of plays, etc, its like wins for a pitcher.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

but yeah, you proved your point.