2020 Week 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 10, 2020.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All right, then!! Kick-off day is here. After time broke in March, I still can't decide if it happened in the blink of an eye, or it felt like 100 years passed, but we're finally here!!

I think the Chiefs will crush the Texans tonight. Gut feeling.

I have 1000 pesos (about 50 bucks) riding on the Cowboys to win and cover a 2.5 point spread. Easiest money I'll ever make, or dumbest decision of my life. No in-between.

Let's discuss the games here. Happy NFL season, Dawk and Chump!! :p

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Looks like the Chiefs could actually be scarier offensively this year as Edwards-Helaire has really been impressive in their running game. This game has been a lot less sloppy than I expected considering the lack of preseason games.

Great to have football back!

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Exactly!! I thought we were in for the first 2 or 3 weeks feeling like glorified preseason games with sloppy play, bad tackling and all that, but it was surprisingly very well played. I hope this proves preseason is worthless and even if they don't cancel it for good, maybe turn it down to two games only.

I don't see how the Chiefs don't repeat as Super Bowl Champions...I mean, other than a catastrophe happening.

I wonder if Watson is regretting his contract.....nah, that's 39 million dollars per year. He'll be fine.

Bill O'Brien's seat is one of the hottest right now, though...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Poor Carson Wentz. Not only will he probably be short 3 starting offensive linemen, but now Miles Sanders is out too. Against that Washington Football Team defensive line, I don't know how he will have time to throw to DeSean Jackson until one or the other (most likely both) get hurt.

The new training staff has not done anything to turn the tide of being one of the most injured teams in the NFL. Unreal. I'm still excited for tomorrow but it definitely has taken away some of the luster for me.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I hate football. I really do...

What will be the excuse this time? Jason Garrett is gone, and the offense (with all the talent in the world) still is boring and predictable. Play calling is still super-conservative and when they wanted to be aggressive (going for it in 4th down inside the 10 and down by 3) there was no reason to. The defense still looks flat and always one step behind. I fought with myself to not get my hopes high and turned out I was right...

My week 1 overreatcion is: blow it all up and start over. Tank for Trevor Lawrence, get a new coach, a new defense, a new line, a new everything.

See you next sunday.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I was so disgusted by the Eagles game that I didn't even watch any other games after. I do have confidence though that when the offensive line gets healthier that the offense will play much better. I like that they do have 2 deep threats this season. Reagor looked good. Wentz missed him on a bomb that should have been an easy TD. Real shaky start by Carson.

TJ likes this.