2020 Week 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Sep 17, 2020.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All right, after the overreaction of week 1 now it's time for the overreactions of week 2.

Time to flash the old graphics of teams starting 0-2 almost missing the playoffs except for those two that even won the super bowl.

Falcons @ Cowboys. I hope we get to Matt Ryan often or Julio will burn us alive. Also, a little more creativity on offense would be nice. We finally fired Garrett for a reason. I'm not betting this week, btw.

What about the Eagles?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't really know what to expect from the Eagles this week. I give them about a 50/50 shot against the Rams.

The offensive line should be in a little bit better shape than last week, assuming Lane Johnson comes back. He's been limited in practice. Miles Sanders is listed as probable too so having a running game will go a long way to help the passing game and banged up line. I think a lot of mistakes that were made offensively had timing issues that are correctable. No way Wentz plays that poorly again.

The new secondary played pretty well last week, but that was against a bad Redskins offense. Darius Slay made Terry McLaurin a non-factor. This week will say a lot more about how good they are or aren't.

Doug Pederson is 2-0 against McVay. Hopefully he continues his mastery over him as I have a friend who is a s**t-talking Rams fan.

I dislike when the Eagles and Cowboys play at the same time. Should be a fun week.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Watch out for Aaron Donald. Zack Martin, future HOF guard couldn't handle him, and had to get help last week (he usually went one-on-one against him with good results, in previous matches). That dude is a freakin' monster who doesn't appear to slow down any time soon...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Yeah, we have contained him in the past, but I heard he had 10 pressures last week. It's pretty scary if he's now better than ever. I hope Doug helps Carson out by finally having some rollouts and running the ball.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's only week 2 and I'm emotionally exhausted. A 60-minute football game in which I was absolutely miserable for 59:59 that somehow we won.

I'll take it. A win is a win. During the Garrett era, once this team fell behind by 2 scores, it was over. Glad to see they can now fight.

On to Seattle...I'm scared.

6. DawkinsINT

I'm so disgusted by the way the Eagles played. The defense was an embarrassment. The Rams did anything they wanted to. Players were constantly out of position. Makes me wonder if they miss Malcolm Jenkins' leadership.

I don't know what to think of the start Wentz has had. He missed several open receivers by not planting his feet properly. He was throwing off of his back foot even on screens. I still believe he can be a top QB in the league but I really expected him to improve more by this time.

I also can't stand how Pederson blamed some of the team's mistakes by saying they didn't have enough training camp or preseason. Every other team went through the same thing.

Oh well...on to being upset by the Bengals.....

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wentz was so bad he was booed in an empty stadium. It was both funny and sad.

However, you shouldn't be so upset. I think 9-7 or even 8-8 wins the NFC East this year...again. I'm very concerned about our defense...Russ will eat us alive next week and the Cowboys will lose with a score like 45-42...it's the Romo years all over again.