2020 Week 8 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 28, 2020.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Only a couple of games that are really interesting to me this week besides Eagles-Cowboys:

Ravens-Steelers
    Seahawks-49ers

Looks like I will be watching a lot of Red Zone Channel this Sunday.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm setting the over/under for when I'm falling asleep on sunday night at 7:00 left in the second quarter.

I'd take the under.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Every day it looks more and more likely that THE NOOCH will get the start against the Eagles. The WRs have been praising him all week, saying he throws an amazing spiral and can move around the pocket.

Then again, he's been practicing against the worst defense ever so let's take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway.... LET THE LEGEND BE WRITTEN!!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Heard on the radio this morning that the Cowboys have used 11 different offensive line combinations so far this season and it appears the Eagles will be using their 15th on Sunday Night. That would be awful even if it was for an entire season....geez.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, at lease we get Zack Martin back, and he can play any OL position.

I wonder if we can clone him...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I like the decisions that Jerry has made with the cuts and trades. It really sends a message. I don't know if they will have the horses to win the game, but one thing for sure is the players are going to be going all out for job security. The Eagles barely escaped with their 2 wins and tie (lol)...so I really think it's going to be a close game.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I agree. Jerry has transitioned to the exact opposite of what he was 10, 20 years ago. Now the Cowboys draft well, but their free agents rarely ever work anymore. Also, drafting well means you have to let some guys walk, as it's nearly impossible to re-sign a whole draft class. I feel like he made a mistake re-signing Jaylon Smith and letting Byron Jones walk. Smith has been lost this season, seems out of position almost every time, and Byron has become a shutdown corner in Miami.

Another mistake might have been re-signing La'El Collins. He showed up to camp out of shape, 30 pounds overweight and tried too hard to back to playing shape and ended up with hip surgery, out of the season.

And don't get me started about Ezekiel...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

I've thought of these recent Cowboys teams as being pretty soft. So much talent but never tough in the big games. This could mark a culture shift from up high that makes a huge difference going forward. This is probably much better than going 9-7 and winning the division (though if they win Sunday they are in great position to do it anyway). As an Eagles fan I would have preferred business as usual from them.

TJ likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Steelers=Ravens was as good as predicted. Such a fun rivalry to watch. I wasn't expecting the Dolphins to wax the Rams the way they did. A lot of fun early games.

I'm only watching a little of the late games and then taking a nap before Eagles-Cowboys...haha. This getting old stuff stinks.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm still awake only because I love that they're trying crazy sh!t xD

We'll win this game with a Statue of Liberty kind of play. Run the anexation of Puerto Rico xD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Wentz and Pederson are trying to outdo each other in awful decisions.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, in the second half after the 15th run in a row (or something) I finally, mercifully fell asleep.

DiNucci played exactly like I expected him to play: a 7th round rookie who had no OTAs, no camp and no pre-season reps...basically he had no business being out there. I really thought Cowboys fans were joking around hyping him up during the week and before the game. I thought we were having some fun in an already lost season...turns out some of those were being serious. Second coming of Romo, second coming of Brady...and they were so upset after the game that they're demanding his release...

Man...Cowboys fans really are the worst, aren't they?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's not that I like talking smack when my team is 2-6 and down to its 3rd string QB, because I don't... but this graphic caused a smile in my face. One is a 4-year veteran who almost won MVP a few years ago. The other is a 7th round rookie with no training camp and no preseason.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

Ha...that really was the worst game that I've ever seen Carson play. He tries to do way too much instead of letting the playmakers do their thing.

Philly sports radio is not fun today. In no way would you think that the Eagles won. They want Pederson fired, Wentz benched, everyone traded. I couldn't listen to more than a half hour....

TJ likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

How bad is the NFC East? Last night I went to sleep with the Giants leading the Bucs. One of the first things that I this morning was to check to see if they held on. 2 wins would have put them right back into the race...haha.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

To be fair, the game should've gone to overtime. Refs didn't call a pass interference in the 2-pt play to tie the game. Daniel Jones had an amazing drive in the end with an even more amazing TD pass to pull within two points. Kid has shown flashes of being good, he just needs to stop the turnovers.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

This is for week 9 discussion, but the Cowboys will face the Steelers next week with THE NOOCH as QB because Andy Dalton was placed on the covid-19 list.

THE LEGEND CONTINUES!!!!