49ers Agree To Deal With K Phil Dawson

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The 49ers today agreed to a deal with veteran kicker Phil Dawson, who tied for second in field-goal accuracy this past season and was named to his first Pro Bowl, Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports. Dawson, 38, broke the news himself on his Twitter account: "I am humbled & thrilled to have the opportunity to continue my career with my new team, the SF 49ers!" He had spent his first 14 seasons with the Browns.

Earlier this month, the 49ers parted ways with David Akers, 38, after Akers went through the roughest season of his career. He made only 69 percent of his field goals and blew potential game winners in two overtime games against the Rams. Akers, who struggled with a sports hernia during the second half of the season, was particularly bad from beyond 40 yards, hitting only 9-19 from that distance.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You'll love him, 9ers fans.

Gonna miss you Phil, thanks for being offensive MVP for many years.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Nice pickup! Like this much better than the Tynes rumor.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

BIG upgrade!!

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Everyone seems really happy. It'd be nice if they used one of there freakin 4 7th round picks on a top young kicker. They're going to be in the same position next season.

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

:cryin10: