49ers Agree To Trade QB Alex Smith To Chiefs

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

In the "legitimate NFL QB starter" part. That's where you're wrong. You'll see.

2. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I disagree. I think KC will be a competitor for the AFCW and wouldn't be surprised if they make the playoffs. I think this is an ideal spot for Alex as well, and obviously I'm happy about the compensation :icon_cheesygrin:

I really think under Reid he will do much better than most expect, especially if they sign a guy like Finley or Jared Cook to give him that big fast target he seems to like so much.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Getting rid of Cassel and signing Smith, I fail to see the upgrade...but with a crapty oline, I'm happy with the trade..lol

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

2nd tasted a crapload better then number 4 in the AFC West and going 2-14 did I'm sure...that much is certain. Who's whining, I only see a crap load of Chiefs fans whining about getting Smith so if I were you I wouldn't be so excited about a prospect that isn't much better than what you have in Cassel right now, but whatever floats your boat.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm sure that's the excuse they will come up with but dorsey/reid better hope a stud qb doesn't come out of this draft or they're screwed with the k.c. fan base.

yes, this scenario has been discussed at length here in k.c. however, giving up two 2nd rounders for a 'stop gap' QB is not smart. if all they wanted was a stop gap for a year or 2, why give up the farm?

yep, that's the problem most chiefs fans have with it. we all know what alex's ceiling is and the chiefs fans know that they are going to need more than that out of the qb position to end their SB drought.

this is something that a lot of chiefs fans haven't realized yet. even the ones that right now prefer having smith over cassell will eventually tire of smith. the same issues they had with cassel they are going to have with smith. they are very similar qb's in many ways.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Every Chief fan on the planet is going to be following the careers of Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson...

Nothing says they can't grab one of those guys at the top of the second round...so all isn't lost...yet...

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Problem is they ain't gonna be picking at the top of the second anymore

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...good point.

Maybe Reid trades Cassell for a two...see AJ Feeley...lol.

Well maybe he finds a Russel Wilson Gem? Nah...who we kidding...

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Where's Tyler Wilson gonna go? Maybe they can get him at the top of the third, although I kinda hoped the Browns might give him a look around then

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Too far. He's already proven the last two seasons that he's a legit starter.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think after the senior bowl Wilson's stick rose dramatically.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sure Smith is a legit starter IN THE 49er PLAN, however, he won't have that same luxury in the Chiefs house where their oline stinks, as I said how is Smith going to keep Bowe and the "other" WRs happy when he's dumping and dinking to his RB's and TE's...I agree that Alex is a legit starter but again ONLY IN 49ER COUNTRY...

13. DawkinsINT

Whether or not he can succeed with the Chiefs, I'm not sure because I don't trust Reid...but do not act like there would not be other teams he could do well with. The 49ers offense was not the end all and be all in the NFL.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

Reid is going to go oline in the draft. Smith is going to have better protection

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Never said our team is the only team Alex could do well with but the subject is 49er/Chiefs and our oline isn't the greatest ever, however, our oline is a crapload BETTER then the Chiefs right now..

16. DawkinsINT

The original comment was about whether or not he's a legitimate NFL QB...he is.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Cassell was a function of Charlie Weiss. Who's Smith got other than Jamaal Charles to dink and dunk? Bowe? :rollinglaugh:

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Moeacki showed some skills at TE. He could be decent in that Celek Role.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reid's not afraid to bring in free agents either. I'd expect to see 2-3 splash free agents. Maybe Mike Wallace comes in to replace Bowe? Reid loves the long ball too...and Wallace fits that role. Smith has got to get it to him though...but then Jeff Garcia was able too run Reuds "deep O" and he had a rag for an arm.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

My mistake, I was commenting on the 49er/Chiefs thing...but honestly unless a team does what the 49ers did to surround him with good players Smith will revert back to 2005-2010, but who the hell really knows.