49ers-Cardinals injury report: Mario Manningham, Dan Skuta sit out practice

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by LebaneseFF, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

[​IMG]
    The 49ers and Cardinals released their second practice participation reports of the week. We break down the appearance of Mario Manningham and Dan Skuta.

Fooch's Update: Cam Inman tweeted out this during practice:

#49ers WR Mario Manningham (knee) pulled himself out of warmups, headed to side field with trainer as practice began

— Cam Inman (@CamInman) December 26, 2013

The San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals released their Thursday practice participation reports, and we had a couple notable players sitting out. Mario Manningham and Dan Skuta both missed practice. Jonathan Goodwin and Justin Smith sat out Thursday, but they are both likely just veteran's rest days.

Manningham sat out Monday Night Football after missing Thursday and Saturday practice last week. Quinton Patton moved into the lineup in his place, and got 18 snaps. With only one more full practice session, I suspect we'll see more of the same in Week 17. The question is whether or not the 49ers figure out a way to work Patton into the offense a bit more. I suspect we won't see a significant impact from Patton, but maybe the 49ers will mix things up a bit. Or, maybe they're saving something for the playoffs? I honestly have no idea.

Dan Skuta sat out practice with a foot issue. He was limited in practice all last week, and ended up playing seven defensive snaps and 12 special teams snaps. Fellow backup outside linebacker Corey Lemonier played five defensive snaps and 14 special teams snaps. My guess is Skuta plays Sunday, but if not, Lemonier could find himself in an expanded role.

For both Manningham and Skuta, I think Friday's practice report will give us a better idea of what to expect Sunday.

49ers injury report

Did not participate: C Jonathan Goodwin (not injury related), WR Mario Manningham (knee), LB Dan Skuta (foot), DT Justin Smith (shoulder)

Limited participation: RB Frank Gore (knee), G Mike Iupati (knee), TE Vance McDonald (ankle)

Full participation: LB Navorro Bowman (wrist), CB Tarell Brown (ribs), WR Michael Crabtree (wrist, ankle), WR Kassim Osgood (shin)

Cardinals injury report

Did not participate: LB John Abraham (groin)

Limited participation: G Daryn Colledge (back), S Rashad Johnson (ankle), LB Daryl Washington (ankle)

Full participation: DT Darnell Dockett (shoulder), TE Rob Housler (groin), RB Rashard Mendenhall (finger), QB Carson Palmer (right elbow, ankle), T Nate Potter (ribs), LB Matt Shaughnessy (groin), QB Drew Stanton (knee)

[​IMG]
    More from Niners Nation
    Follow @NinersNation Follow @SBNationNFL

Source: Continue reading...