49ers Coach Jim Harbaugh Says He's Sticking With QB Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Dec 2, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It appears Jim Harbaugh is staying with Colin Kaepernick despite his uneven performance against the Rams.

The 49ers and Kaepernick, who finished was 21 of 32 for 208 yards, failed to adjust to the Rams in the second half and also failed to stay in bounds at the end of regulation, which allowed the Rams enough time to go down the field for the tying score.

Kaepernick also air-mailed a pitch to Ted Ginn Jr on third down that resulted in a touchdown by Rams’ cornerback Janoris Jenkins. Kaepernick also took a safety when he failed to throw the ball to the line of scrimmage.

Nevertheless, it appears that Jim Harbaugh will stay with Kaepernick as he said after the game that there will be “no changeâ€￾ at quarterback, but left the door slightly open saying if there is a change, he would let everyone know.

“Tough game, I thought he played well,â€￾ Harbaugh said. “I’m proud of Kap. I thought he handled himself well under a lot of heat and duress.â€￾

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Good. Its the right decision.

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Harbaugh you hecked up, it's okay, it kind of sucks that Smith spiraled back down into being a crapty QB again but there is no way Kaepernick is the answer, I'm not saying that Smith is either but no man, Smith didn't do anything to lose his job he got a concussion and the he also(I realize it was by no stretch of the imagination all him) got you guys to the NFC championship last year, so maybe, just maybe you should not stick with the hot hand and stick with the QB that worked for ya last year, instead of just having 2 good games and anointing him the starter and new franchise QB of san fran.

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Well how can Harbaugh go back to Smith when he basically said that " You suck so it's Kaepernick's job " ? Harbaugh is a dooch bag lol.

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

And how many times have we seen this in Alex's carreer? Shaun Hill was good at first, Troy Smith lit it up in first 2. When you have no film on a guy it's harder to defend them. Kaep could be the future, but this team could win now, and Alex is better suited to win now than Kaep.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

so now Harbaugh is a douch bag?? bwahahahahahahahahaha, well excuse the heck out of him because he hand-picked Kaep to be his QB...

7. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

It helps that the team made no real effort to bring in quality competition to challenge Alex for the job.

8. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

It makes me laugh when people make a statement like this. When a team wins or loses one man seems to be responsible. Nevermind the other 75 players, coaches and assistants.

Not to sound like Mike Singletary but I want to watch some film. I think the Rams did a great job of covering the SF receivers. Kaep, unlike Alex will make some tough throws into coverage and yesterday he looked more like Alex, holding the ball longer and taking sacks or trying to extend the play with his feet. So i'm wondering how well of a job the 49ers receivers did getting open. I seriously doubt Alex wouldve done any better....

Remember the 49ers GAVE the Rams 7 points on that goobered read option. Why you would call that in that situation is beyond me. I guess they were just desperate to get one more first down. Bad job by the coaches and bad execution by the qb.

And lets not forgot Akers as he continues to miss field goals. I hate to be one of those CUT HIM NOW forum guys, but what if that was a playoff game? If BIlly Cundiff can come in there and make those kicks sign him up.

While were at it lets blame the Oline. 2.5 yards per carry for Frank Gore? I thought this was the best run blocking oline in the league? Plus Kaep didnt get the best protection....

The only part of the team that looked outstanding was the defense, great job in a hotile enviroment to give up 9 points. You cannot ask much more of them.

Ok I think im done.... :icon_evil:

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Billy Cundiff??? wtf??? why??? I think he's been in ONE playoff game, the Championship game against the Pats and he MISSED...so how is he better than Akers??

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He's not injured at the moment, so thats plus one for him.