49ers dispute Alex Smith report

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by yisman, Oct 3, 2007.

1. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers are disputing an ESPN report that stated QB Alex D. Smith (shoulder) will see Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion, and that he will have surgery if the initial diagnosis is confirmed. "The only thing that's right is that we're sending the lab results to Dr. Andrews. I don't know who talked to him, but it wasn't right," 49ers director of public relations Aaron Salkin said. The team is sending the lab results to Dr. Andrews because they want him to examine them and offer an opinion.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_7072258

2. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

surgery you say? NOOOO! ((SARCASM))...too bad he had already separated his brain from the rest of his body before the season started...

3. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I still think Dilfer will do better knowing he is our guy come Sunday. Laugh all you want about his performance Niner fans, but I bet the staff will have a gameplan made for Dilfer on Sunday. I will even say that Dilfer can and will throw for more than 200 yards without garbage time. If Dilfer does that then I dont care when Smith comes back. All you fans here who laughed at us about Dilfer playing instead of Smith are going to be eating their words when we finally see what a normal QB is supposed to do out there.