49ers Fire Head Coach Mike Singletary

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by ravenfan52, Dec 26, 2010.

1. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I agree, he was WAY over his head and was football goobered. That being said, he always struck me as a good person, guess that's what I meant by clbutt. I mean, his press conference was class considering the way it all went down.

He was a terrible coach all together, but I think he was a good motivator and could get in tune with his players, look at the VD situation. He couldn't control them, and his xs and os were from 1986. I am in NO way a Sing fan, but they should have either canned him earlier, or just let him finish the season and salvage some level of pride when the team had literally NOTHING to gain.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Most coaches that are fired always have a good bye speech, of course they aren't going to be rods and diss the organization because they know all the other teams are watching and their chance to get another job sometimes hinges on how they conduct themselves in their goodbye speeches.

His motivating was good in the very beginning but the more you "preach" the more your audience tunes you out especially when you really have no idea of what your game plans are. They should have never hired him but I have no qualms about firing him with one game to go, he got paid the 49ers owe him jack!

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Most coaches that are fired always have a good bye speech, of course they aren't going to be rods and diss the organization because they know all the other teams are watching and their chance to get another job sometimes hinges on how they conduct themselves in their goodbye speeches.

His motivating was good in the very beginning but the more you "preach" the more your audience tunes you out especially when you really have no idea of what your game plans are. They should have never hired him but I have no qualms about firing him with one game to go, he got paid the 49ers owe him jack!

4. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Good point, and believe me I know his shortcomings and agree with everything you've said; other than giving him the boot with one to go. Just my opinion on how you treat a person and the message it gives your team.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well I think Jed was sending a message that he's had enough with the incompetency of the guy that he thought could do the job. Cut your losses and move on. Either way I'm glad the decision was finally made to say sayonara.

6. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

The same man who fired Martz for Raye...

I think he meant Marcus :icon_cool:

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I think the team sent a clear message as to what they don't want to be associated with. The problem is making people believe that message. The ownership in San Francisco has been the Keystone Cops up to this point.

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Ya, bad move. Should have hired Cameron over Martz to begin with.

9. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

As in any business, some bosses dont like to hire folks smarter than them :icon_smile:

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

That is such a stupid way to go about it. Get the BEST talent and point them in the right direction. As long as the end game is clear it should be easy. Some people are too worried about pissing contests to just use the advantages they want to win. Singletary can now toot his own horn and believe his own BS. The rah-rah act got old and he was tuned out. He had to go.