49ers Free Agent QB Alex Smith Prefers A Change In Scenery?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Apr 17, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

While there's strong reason to believe the 49ers offered free-agent QB Alex Smith a new one-year contract offer before the league year ended, Pro Football Wekely hears that Smith remains very likely to, at the very least, investigate potential options with other teams once free agency begins. Sources close to Smith continue to believe he would prefer a change of scenery, especially considering the major extent to which he has fallen out of favor with the Niners' fan base.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I would probably need one hand to count the number of 49ers fans that are heartbroken to see him go should he sign elsewhere.

3. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

I would be one of them and actually theres more supporters then you would think

4. iDash

iDash Go Dogs!

Dude, the 49ers are the only ones that will have U, U better take the money if they offer it

5. I actually think quite a few teams would like Smith. If I'm a 49er fan I want him gone and if I'm involved with the 49ers in any capacity I want him gone. However, this dude could benefit greatly with a fresh chance and do quite well I think.

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Still just 26. He'd be a back up anywhere though.

7. I disagree. I think he would compete for a starting job anywhere.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

And fail miserably...

9. possibly. But a fresh start could at least help a little bit.

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Unless he goes to Arizona...

11. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

anywhere? you dont say

12. anywhere with a need obviously. :icon_rolleyes:

13. Dragonite

Anywhere with a need is places that have NO QB. Arizona, Carolina, Minnesota.

Of course he could compete there, its D.A. Jimmy Clausen and whoever the heck Minnesota has right now...

I COULD BEAT DA AND JIMMY CLAUSEN IN A QB BATTLE, the point is Alex Smith will NEVER be the answer. Wasn't Troy Smith starting ahead of him last year?

Now thats just sad.

14. misfitz

Troy got the start because he won 2 games while alex was hurt. after those 2 games where he threw up jump balls and teams figured out how to make him ineffective they went back to alex who finished 11tds to 3 ints his last 8 games and 8tds to 1 int his last 7 games

15. agreed with Sweets.

On a separate not how do you guys not think he would at least compete for a QB job in:

Miami, Cincy, Washington, Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona, Seattle,

16. Dragonite

Once again, I could win the QB job in half those places...

17. misfitz

you forgot oakland and tennessee

i also think he would compete in Jacksonville and Buffalo

18. good call with Tenn and Jacksonville and Buffalo.

I actually think Oakland likes jason Campbell so much they wouldn't do it.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he could compete in those places. Jacksonville, Tennessee, maybe Denver, probably not. I think Buffalo is set on Fitzpatrick.

I'm still a little surprised the Niners didn't want to go with Shaun Hill. All he did is win and word was the locker room loved him.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Singletary wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the room.

I don't know a single actual 49er fan that supports Smith, and I know a lot of them. Most of my family, a lot of my friends and a crap-ton of former coworkers, all 49er fans, no Smith supporters, and I don't blame them one bit. He's never looked like anything close to a legit NFL starter outside of a handful of plays here and there when I've watched him, and certainly nothing even close to consistently good enough to warrant keeping him around for the last 6 years. At least the Raiders had the sense to recognize a bust when they saw it and cut ties, instead of dragging it out for 7 freaking years.