49ers Jim Harbaugh Takes A Close Look At QB Alex Smith

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayarea, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and Alex Smith have met several times face-to-face. And they have even gone out together to the practice field behind the team's Santa Clara complex. "Yeah," Harbaugh said, "we were out on the field -- just two guys throwing the ball around." Asked whether he used his on-field interaction with Smith as a chance to work on mechanics and fundamentals or whether it was just a way to break the ice, Harbaugh answered, "Both." "I've had a couple meetings with him," Harbaugh said. "It's been good. And I look forward to continuing that (this week) when he's back in town."

Source: CSNBayArea

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. UK 49er fan

UK 49er fan Rookie

Surely a clean break is best for not only the team but for Smith himself?

He's been there long enough to show whether he's 'the guy' or not, and I think we know the answer to that (IMHO anyway)

But if Harbaugh thinks that there is something there that's worth persevering with then I'd ask is that because he believes in Alex or because of a lack of viable alternatives?.

3. Give Smith one more year with Harbaugh, if he fails then CYA

4. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

If they reach a CBA deal I'd like to see him go. If Not it won't hurt having someone who knows the players and has exp.