49ers May Alter Their Offer To Michael Crabtree

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Head coach Mike Singletary says the San Francisco 49ers have discussed changing their offer to top draft pick Michael Crabtree. Whether the franchise has reached out to the former Texas Tech star formally, Singletary wasn't sure. He has asked the brass to keep him completely out of it so he can focus on the 53 players he has on the active roster. "At this time in the year, that may be the case. I'm not sure," Singletary said. 'I didn't want to hear about it any more after last Friday. I said, 'Hey, do what you have to do. I'm focused over here. So I don't know if the letter's actually been sent. I know we talked about it. But at this point, the whole Michael Crabtree thing, you know what I'm going to say. It's over there. I'm going to focus over here. We have our hands full with the 53 (players) that we have."

Source:
    Press Democrat

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...How about altering it like pulling it off the table or altering it for less money...

They proved yesterday that his snitch butt isn't needed...

3. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I was going to say offer him 10 cents, but your offer pulling it off the table idea and then not offering him anything is better.

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Screwers are starting to cave. :doh:

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well damn Mike if you don't want to be involved then why bring it up to be a news item, how stupid are you? I hope it's just a rumor, don't let a freaking rookie dictate what an organization does or doesn't do.

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I hope they lower the offer

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Yeah, alter it some.

As in, FREAKING LOWER IT...screw Crabtree, don't let some stubborn bastard who hasn't proven crap run things. C'mon, Singles...

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Seems Niner fans really love this guy....

9. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

the niners need him i think they are going to cave.:word32:

10. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

He's being ridiculous, Doug. You know it and so does anyone else who has common sense, something Crabtree obviously lacks...

11. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

I love the comments on here, everyone thinking the same. The article says alter the offer but doesnt say which way they alter it. I hate the Whiners but how great would it be if it does come out they alter it to be less to show future picks not to heck with them.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We can only dream....

13. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

Oh God, I hope that is the case. Not only will be show Mr. Crabass that he screwed himself over, but it also will show these stupid butt agents that they can't heck with these teams.

14. bergybones

plus it would be great to see him have to reenter draft with a rookie cap next year :)

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I had him on my fantasy team and held onto him thinking maybe...just maybe he'd sign and show what he did in college but...I dropped him and wouldn't pick him up this year even if he does sign.
    I am sorry for Niner fans and nfl fans too for that matter.

16. bergybones

Well said with feeling sorry for all NFL fans. Like I stated about the rookie cap, I hope to God one is in place with next CBA so this type of thing stops

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yup. Sucks. The thing is, they invested a HIGH pick for him. Is it REALLY worth losing this calibur a player over $5-7 million?

The answer is no. It sets a bad precedent for crapheads like this, but it isn't worth losing a top 10 pick for that kind of scratch.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Be realistic.

18. bergybones

I politely disagree. In my eyes it is worth losing 1 high pick to show future picks what type of negotiator you are. The amount of money crabtree will lose by sitting a year and not being able to showcase his stuff to any team til next years draft will be huge.

It is a lose lose situation, but I think it only harms the Whiners for one season where it hurts Crabtree financially for his first entire contract

19. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

give him 30 mill provided he gets 10 td receptions. that can be incentive. if not 15 mill:icon_twisted:

20. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

"So Michael we have a bunch of Offs out back of our practice facility, how would you like to come and heck them for us for the remainder of the season?"