49ers May Alter Their Offer To Michael Crabtree

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Sep 14, 2009.

1. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

Screw that. I offer him 2nd round pick money and for every regular season game he misses I drop that offer a round. so by week 7 if he hasnt signed he will get a contract equal to an undrafted free agent.

2. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Thats why you dont give grades on draft day.

Good for the Niners, but some fans that were running their mouths, they must be praying now.

3. bergybones

Grades are given solely for the novice fans. All real fans know Grades are worthless

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

At this point, the way the situation has gone, I almost think there's too much ill-will all around for it to be beneficial for ANYONE that he signs.

Well, except him (financially).. assuming he has INCREDIBLY thick skin, because he's going to have a LOT of heat on him, either way.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Don't even worry about throwing the 'politely' out there, man. We're all here to talk football. :icon_cool:

Definitely a lose-lose, but what are the Niners options if they want to address WR next year? Pay the same amount of money to a FA who doesn't have the youth Crabtree does, or go high in the draft to pick another WR and have to do it all over again?

I applaud them for sticking it out this long, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The Raiders would still get a terrible grade, regardless of the Crabtree outcome.

6. bergybones

I said politely because you make good statements and sometime I call people out for being dumb. So if I call people out for being dumb and my response is rude I need to say politely now and then. I have no idea if that even made sense lol.

Now onto signing a WR next year. If they do spend the same amount on an older wideout at least he will be proven. If they draft high again they will have the leverage of being able to say dont heck with us, did you see us give in with Crabtree last year. Nope sure didnt, so either take what we offer you or sit just like he did last year. As I said earlier every week Crabtree misses you lower the offer by what you would pay a wideout in the next round. Screw him and his greedy butt cousin.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Production erases alot of bullcrap from a player's past. See: TO.

He signs and puts up two TDs his first game, they will all be swinging from his nutsack.

8. bergybones

I say if they sign him part of his contract says 1 lucky fan can castrate him, then lets see people hang from his nutsack

9. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

I didnt mention anything about the Raiders, but I agree they had a terrible draft.

Im just saying it takes years for anyone to truly know how a draft class ended up, this was one of those comic situation where fans where talking about probowls for a guy that didnt play a single game yet.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I think Crabtree is a rare breed of talent and ignorance. Tons of talent coupled with piles of ignorance. MOST players are smart enough to realize the golden opportunity they are in and negotiate to where both sides meet.

I'll agree with you on this though. If they do let Crabtree sit, the message will be loud and clear to all incoming rookies. I'd love it.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

True true.

11. bergybones

Sometimes the message is more important the amount of wins your team gets. As a Rams fan I am aware of this. I am willing to go 2-14 again as long as the FO realizes its more important to get rid of the trash.

12. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

13. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie