49ers QB Colin Kaepernick Responds To Fans, Dons 49ers Cap, Jersey

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

San Francisco QB Colin Kaepernick is apparently trying to appease his own fan base by taking to Instagram with a photo of himself wearing a 49ers hat.

Kaepernick caused a stir when he wore a Miami Dolphins hat and showed the photo on Instragram, and then defended it. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel has details of that Instagram that went viral over the web.

Kaepernick's "peace offering" consisted of the caption "It's just swag it ain't never hurt nobody! #GoldenStateofMind".

Kaepernick's fashion faux pas brings up an interesting question of athlete loyalty in their off-time, while the Dolphins and Niners are hardly the rivalry like the Cowboys-Redskins, Vikings-Packers or Patriots-Jets, fans don't want to see their guys commit what some might feel is sports treason by donning another team's gear.

Source: National Football Post

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

What the heck is wrong with my generation. Like...what the heck???

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

His personality is very unlikable.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ain't nobody got time for that!

5. andy82

Too right. It's not like he's a bad person or anything, but just the typical young attention whoring douche that consists of a catalog of bad tattoos, shocking fashion sense, the goobered abuse of the English dictionary and a fat chip on the shoulder.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He should have just said..FREAK ALL Y'ALL....haters the lot of ya...

we should have kept goodie two shoes Alex(cause he doesn't have tats) :rolleyes: and let the bad tat wearing unlikable guy who's a better QB sit on the sidelines...again FREAK ALL Y'ALL...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  7. andy82

Then he would confirm his immaturity...

8. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I like Kaep a lot. Incredible focus, hard work, boring interviews to give the press just the answer but not anything they can create drama from. I'll take this 365 days out of the year over DUIs, murders, and spousal abuse

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i don't see the big deal,but would'nt something be in his and every player's contract that he can only wear whatever team he is on's stuff when he is under contract to them?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  10. andy82

The comments is on the person, not the player. On the other hand, Alex Smith seemed to be a likeable guy off the field, but on field sucks arse through a straw.

I'd assume the teams left it down to the players common sense to not wear an opposing teams apparel, but hey, if you want someone to make a doody, like ICECOLD said, it's better to be a Dolphins Cap than a bullet in someone's back.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the poor guy would have been shot if he'd have had a seahawks,cardinals,or rams hat on,would'nt he?

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I honestly think Kaep isn't stupid enough to wearing a rival divisional team...

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Its not that big a deal you see players wearing other teams stuff all the time.

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Where?

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Roddy White admitted to it on his Twitter - wearing other teams hoodies. These guys trade all kinds of garb and swag at the Pro Bowls. You see it there all the time.

Kaepernick's reaction to it was real immature though...for a guy who is the "face of the franchise."

16. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Its real easy going from the face of the franchise to being the butt of the franchise. And then unemployed.

Because he had smoke blown up his butt. Making him think he is the next best thing to Montana.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  17. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'm sure Harbaugh or whoever had a chat with him about this whole situation and unless he really screws up bad, I highly doubt the Niners would get rid of him. They went all in with him when they stuck with Kap instead of Smith.

18. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

If I'm Kaep, I'm wearing Niner gear, Nevada gear, and whoever my baseball/basketball/hockey team gear. Nothing more.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Harbaugh got pissed at a reporter for showing up in 49ers gear when he played for the Chargers and refused to answer his questions...lol.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]