49ers RB LaMichael James Denies Being Frustrated With Being Deactivated Each Week

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

LaMichael James today said that being a 49ers running back this season has been like a freshman who joins a college program packed with quality upperclassmen.

"Frank Gore is one of the best running backs out there," said James, the 49ers' second-round pick this year. "Then you have Brandon (Jacobs), then you have Kendall (Hunter). Everybody's really good. So I just learn a lot from those guys just like I learned from LeGarrette (Blount) and Jeremiah (Johnson) ... at Oregon."

James says he's constantly hearing from University of Oregon fans -- and even quite a few 49ers fans -- who ask when he's going to get on the field. James has been inactive for every game this season and, along with most of his draft class, has been relegated to playing the role of an upcoming opponent on the scout team.

James, who holds the Oregon record for rushing yards, said he's competitive and wants to play but insisted he's not frustrated.

"I don't look down and say, 'Hey, I'm a horrible player.'" he said. "I think I can play with anybody out there. I really do believe that. But at the same time, I do need to learn. That's big -- learn the NFL game. That's a huge step for me, just to get that down pat first before I go out there and make a fool of myself."

He's got an excellent model in Gore. James said he never watched NFL football and didn't know much about the 49ers starting tailback at the time of the draft.

"I had to make that assessment when I got here," James said of Gore, who currently ranks fifth in rushing yards. "He's not lazy. He comes out to practice and he works hard. He always finishes runs. He's a complete pro. I just want to (model) myself after him, try to pick up some of the cues so one day I can be a great running back in this league."

Source: Sacramento Bee

2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

If Kendall hunter went Down I believe he would step right into that role....but Kendall hunter looks so good

3. bossco

bossco Rookie

i do not understand why they even drafted him. He is a good rb but he is exactly like hunter.

9ers n lakers on my razr maxx(tapralk)

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't believe he didn't watch the NFL and knew little of Gore. Wow.