49ers WR Crabtree Not Likely To Sign Before September

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SoDev, Aug 12, 2009.

1. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

A highly-placed NFL source said that Crabtree almost certainly will sign, unless he's crazy enough to start skipping game-checks, which he probably isn't, but that it won't be until in the weeks or days before the 49ers' Sept. 13 regular-season opener. Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker and 49ers management are too ground in for any deal coming before September.

Source: Mercury News

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

This guy hasn't played a game yet and I already don't like him.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Maybe time to switch agents?

4. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

It's not his agent, the guy is a douchebag and thinks he should get paid like the number 1 pick. He believes he should get paid where he was expected to get picked in the draft not actually where he got picked. Rookies should get paid league minimum for two years before getting a big contract honestly. These teams spend so much money on these guys and the vast majority are flops or don't become decent for a few years. Case in point Alex Smith (Flop), Tim Couch (flop), Kajana Carter (flop) etc etc.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't agree, I honestly believe it's his agent saying "You should have gone higher so you need to be paid higher", I don't remember reading anything about him being a DIVA in college or being a troublesome person so I do think it's his agent because he has other players that are watching and expecting the same service. Just because we believe the rookie contracts should be less doesn't mean you pay them that way especially since the NFLPA is saying something different. His agent is only hurting Michael's chances by not signing and missing all the practice and bonding with his team mates.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah this is doing wonders for his imagine with the 49ers and their players. You know the ones getting paid 2 or 3M a year outside sweating their balls off right now in training camp. Screw this kid. Make an example of him please Mr. McCloughan!!

7. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Only Crabtree and his agent know exactly whats going on...like sweets already said, you got a 21 yr old kid who was suppose to go a lot higher and hes got an agent saying "Hold off Michael and ill make you another 5 mil." And after the contracts the niners gave to CB Clements and DE Smith, they have a rep for a team that pays. None of us know the guy personally, could be an butt but maybe not...all i know is he needs to get his butt in camp cuz we NEEEEEEED a top wr to play next to Morgan once Bruce retires.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I agree that Crabtree should have gone higher then 10th overall but jesus christ. It's about mid august and his butt still isn't signed, thats not good. Hopefully for his sake, his stock doesn't drop because his agent is being a douche bag.