49ers WR Michael Crabtree Insists He's Not A Diva

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 11, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

HA. Larry was a beast. Vernon was the biggest punk when he came in too.....look at him now though. That's why I feel the 49ers will be alright. Mike Singletary makes boys into men and leads them with the same mentality. Anything less and you will be put in your place.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

We were better with his exit, but I actually agree with you. Scapegoat, dont know if i would go that far, but I think his negative impact has been grossly overexaggerated

We improved without him, and we moved on from TO mainly because his play and skills were rapidly deteriorating. If you saw him gam in and out in 2008, you would see that he just isnt a #1 WR at that point

3. SRW

Yeah but his mouth at the end helped to seal the deal. In the end Jerry Jones had a mini-revolt from people who said get TO the heck out. The PR shielded lots of it, but ask Romo, Witten or Garrett how they felt.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Its debated ad nauseum on the homer boards (and fans will never really know the story anyways), but its believed that Jerry wanted to keep TO, and Stephan Jones wanted him gone. Stephan is much more concerned about character then Jerry ( Stephan was supposedly against the Bryant pick), and after 2008's debacle, Stephan was addiment on getting rid of the bad seeds (Owens, Pac Man, Tank Johnson)

Its gonna be interesting to see how Crabtree's career mirror's TO's if at all. Not to condemn Crabtree, but similarity's are there. What Ive noticed about TO, at least since he left SF ( my worries were elsewhere during his last year in SF) is that when things were going good with the team, TO was never an issue. The 49ers are a budding team, and Crabtree is a budding star. Its gonna be interesting to see if he winds up following that pattern

5. SRW

Yeah, now it's on Crabtree to see if it's lesson learned or lesson lost.