49ers WR Michael Crabtree Says He's Learning The Basics

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 31, 2010.

1. 49ers' Michael Crabtree can never regain what he lost by missing training camp and then some last year, but he can control what he’s doing moving forward and from the sounds of things the wide receiver is off to a good start for Year 2. Crabtree had 625 receiving yards, fourth for a rookie in franchise history, and quickly became a go-to target for quarterback Alex Smith after missing the first five regular-season games, along with the preseason and 57 practices, according to Daniel Brown of the San Jose Mercury News. The spotlight as a holdout is off of him now and he can focus on making sure he understands Jimmy Raye’s playbook thoroughly. "(I'm) learning the basics," Crabtree told Brown. "When I first came here, it was all about cramming a lot into a little amount of time. Right now, we have the time and I'm just taking it step by step."

Source: National Football Post

2. bambam

bambam Rookie

I know someone mentioned that crabs reminds them of JJ Stokes, but I think he is much better. This guy plays with heart and Stokes was a timid kitten when he got to the pros