49ers WR Randy Moss Says 'I'm The Greatest Wide Receiver Ever'

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I literally LOL'd at mac and cheese! And yes I agree that Jerry is the best, however looking at just the talent level, Randy is ridiculous. I remember the highlights of him hurdling guys when he was at Marshall and the performances when he was a Viking. The 23 TD year. Pure one-handed TD catches where he never even put his second hand on the ball. Jerry was very talented AND was the hardest worker. They both had different skill sets.

To Faulk's claim of being the best running back... I really liked Faulk, amazing in the way he did it. Equally threatening as RB and WR. But as a pure RB, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, and Adrian Peterson are better. I'd notch him above Emmitt, OJ, Eric twinkyerson, Herschel Walker, Thurman Thomas and Ladanian.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm saying he's not...

4. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

He's the greatest talent ever and the one of the greatest wastes of talent ever.

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I agree.. With effort and drive to be great he could've been in the same talk with Rice. But sandbagging and not playing to win I would even put T.O. Above Moss. *puts on flame suit*

Edit: say what u want about T.O. the dude never gave up like Moss did.

6. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

If he didn't dog it so much in his second season there, maybe that bad Oakland team wouldn't have been so bad.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

crap, moss dogged it half of his career. i saw him dog it a lot back in his first stint with minny.

quite honestly, if i were a g.m. or coach, i would rather have a less talented player like hines ward or chris carter that i at least know would bust their butt every game and not become a cancer.

for that reason alone, i would have trouble putting Moss in my personal top 5 receivers of all time.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rice is the greatest WR ever. After that, there's a large drop off to #2 IMO.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Greatest WR?

Hell, I'd take Cris Carter over him any day...

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What about Drew Pearson? His yards per catch were more than Carter's. 15.2 to 12.6.

Rick Gosselin's last two sentences in his column in today's Dallas morning News say it all: "Discussion isn't the injustice in this process. Silence is."

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I mentioned Carter just staying in his roots, Minny, to show the difference in desire/consistent production more than naming other WRs with better #s .

There's a slew of WRs I'd pick over Moss just for the fact of being able to count on a guy who understands that a huge part of being that talented is being able to draw more attention of a D consistently even when he doesn't get the touches.

Dogging it when you know you aren't the primary has always been Moss's bane. That alone drops him further down my list.