A Re-Explanation Of The Changes Coming To The Site

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 16, 2010.

1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Sounds like a big mistake getting rid of the "toys/extras" but that's JMO as I don't own this site.

I might stop in once in a while but don't count on it. :icon_cool:
    There's 2 other football sites I'm at with the "bells and wistles" and good talk.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Bells and whistles have nothing to do with "good" football talk and that's still here, we have the best coverage of NFL news around, if we don't have vbookie or an arcade and that's all that's keeping people here then thanx and cya

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Idle threats are pointless.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The bells and whistles isn't what is going to bring people here and it's not the reason to keep people here. We are refocusing this site so that football news and talk is the king. Want bells and whistles? Then feel free to go to sites like Facebook who are eating away at all the sites that depend on those bells and whistles to keep people. The reality is that content is king. I'd rather lose some of the bells and whistles now and lose a handful than ignore refocusing the site and losing many, many more potential visitors and members.

5. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Go for it guys. I'm meerly stating what I like. So don't get bent out of shape.
    Ironically a few things I don't like are those yuppie sites as I call them. My space, that's one you don't hear much about now, Twitter and Facebook. As a matter of fact I've never even visited those sites.

I have an ailing father with his and my house to take care of plus a full time job and a son to raise. Then there's some days where I need to breathe so to speak but those are far and few between. My life isn't the internet like many, just not enough time. Hell I can hardly find time to watch football as much as I'd like.

But I don't expect anyone to give a heck about this. Anyone want to volunteer some time(to mow my grass,pull weeds,clean house/make repairs or just go to my fathers house and do his to do list would be good with me)like I do on the net to earn others $$$ so I can relax?
    I didn't think so.

I know no love lost here. :icon_rolleyes:

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

BU, you seem to be a tad bent on this, I was just saying that bells and whistles don't keep members here it's the NFL news and the e-friends you make that keep people coming back.

You'd be surprised how many people here have problems just like you, we all have bills to pay, relatives to cater to for one reason or another, it's called life and we all have one.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

nothing has changed with the exception of vcash people

stop snitching

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Excuse my ignorance but what do "bells and whistles" refer to?

Edit: Nevermind. I googled it.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  9. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

I still see post count.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It came back along with rep.

11. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Wow, i'm an idiot. It pays to read.

12. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

problem with this for me is I ain't here every day, and when I am I don't always remember. to be honest at first I thought it was just a meager attempt to keep the adds going, and when I stated to one person about how I wasn't going to be bothered with clicking adds, I don't do that stuff, never did for any site I go to, that and never really put any thought to sites even having add's on them, to me they were just annoying things that come on sites. I told him if I was bored I might do it now and then. and he got irate at me, but me and him settled pretty quickly. he understood me and I understood why people did the clicking thing at least. but I didn't care for it to much, even though I have clicked now and then. I didn't realize how severe this issue was until reading this post today though. and I can't promise that I will do it everytime I'm here, but I can say that I will try to add to it when I do come online here

I don't think I ever host any sig's on any forums I always use Photobucket lol
    Can I use those kittens as golf balls?

oh btw Question

I can't seem to use my smilies I uploaded here

and a second note

I can do without vBookie vCash, and the rep system, never done much with them.

but why the Post count gotta go? :(

I need to reach 5k before that happens hopefully I will

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

if you notice the post count came back.

14. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

see how It is with me? I haven't been on here in awhile to even know that the post count was taken off in the first place lol

and Ward if you notice that I did say I hope to get to a certain post count before it got taken away (or I thought it was lol) meaning I wouldn't have actually fought for post counts. I just like them. it wouldn't be much of a problem if they were taken away even though they serve me a purpose someway, somehow lol

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'm guessing I need to join a special group to be able to use my smile's again?

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

For some reason, Google is saying this is "an attack site" and trying to block me from accessing it :S

16. Go on options in firefox, click on security and uncheck block reported attack sites.

17. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I was hoping I wouldn't need to do that, but oh well.

18. I hear ya and totally understand.

But its the only way to view the site for now without having that attack site pop-up appear every time you click on a thread.

Steve reported it and it should be fixed very soon.

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I got this message from Google this message:

20. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Some of you guys crack me up....who cares about your post count? I'm not here for my post count...I'm gonna go click now. :icon_cool:

Shut up Brakos...I heard that.