A-Rod To Play For The Dominican In WBC

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by dolphindude13, Dec 4, 2008.

1. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Alex Rodriguez, who nearly sat out the inaugural World Baseball Classic because he did not want to choose between playing for his native United States or the Dominican Republic, the country of his parents birth, is changing uniforms for the 2009 Classic.

The New York Yankees third baseman, who was on a star-studded U.S team that failed to advance to the semifinals of the first WBC, plans to play for the Dominican Republic this spring, according to Dominican slugger David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox.

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That's freaking BS. I mean WBC, whatever, who gives a crap, but if you were not at least born or have never resided for a significant amount of time in a country, you should not be allowed to ball for them in international competition.

3. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

I agree.
    But also, consider the source. David Ortiz said he was playing. I'll believe it more when A-Rod says it haha.
    Then again, he may have, I didnt read the article.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Report: A-Rod To Represent Dominican In WBC

A-Rods pal David Ortiz, a member of the Dominican Republic team, told Yahoo! Sports that Rodriguez -- who represented the United States in the 2006 Classic -- intends to play for the Dominicans this spring. Ortiz, who is hosting a charity golf tournament this weekend on the island, said the New York Yankees third baseman's WBC team of choice is expected to be a topic of conversation when the two get together at the golf event.

Source: ESPN

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

oh crap double post... lol thats funny stuff though.