A Week After Being A Healthy Scratch, Cowboys DE Marcus Spears Is Ready To Return

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Oct 18, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

For the first time in his career, defensive end Marcus Spears was inactive for a game when he was healthy. The Cowboys instead dressed their six other defensive linemen against the Ravens.

"It was tough. It was tough," Spears said Thursday. "That is not in my hands. The thing about it, through the grace of God, my knee feels 10 times better. That’s how I'm going to look at it. As far those decisions being made, It's not up to me."

Spears, who has played in 108 of a possible 117 games in his career, will be called on this week. Sean Lissemore was injured on the seventh snap against the Ravens, and a high right ankle sprain will keep Lissemore out several weeks.

"You have to be ready to play," Spears said. "That was the mentality when I was inactive. You have to be ready every week. I have seen this situation a bunch of times. Guys have been inactive, and then end up being key parts of what we are trying to do around here. That’s the mentality that I keep. Obviously, you're damn mad about not playing, but at the end of the day, you have to follow suit."

Spears, the 20th overall pick in 2005, has 11 tackles this season, including two for loss.

Source: Star-Telegram