Alex Smith..........What a man.........

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by misfitz, Jul 22, 2007.

1. GawdZeeRaa

GawdZeeRaa Calm Like a Bomb

What sets him apart is that he does so much more than just write a check. Homeboy actually gets involved with the kids.

2. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

The last time an NFL player's donation was "news-worthy" when Ahman Green paid off a person's house in Houston as payment for Simmons' #30. That was over a month ago.

3. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

the man is donating his money for a good cause. yes he get a tax break. i would rather see a player give back to the community than give it to uncle sam. all they will do is spend it on wars and crap and not on the freaking citizens.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

hmm, I don't know much about the US tax system, but if he kept the 500k he maybe get rid of 50% for taxes, so he would still own 250k, right. Furthermore I don't think he paid his taxes off with this. He still had to pay taxes for his income, didn't he?
    For me this is a huge donation, period

5. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

How long before its reported Smith is on steroids and driving drunk with cocaine in his posession? bets anyone?

The guy sounds like a standup dude, and Nolan is pretty stuck on players with good characters and those that have previous character issues are held on a very short leash...Im going with "Good crap, Alex, keep it up!"

6. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

When I'm seventy.