Andy Reid Keeping Options Open On Eagles QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 23, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

All the mystery surrounding Michael Vick, the football player, has allowed even coach Andy Reid to have some fun. Considering that it's been more than two years, and that the Eagles don't necessarily want to show off everything they may use Vick for, the game plan should be fairly vanilla, right? "You never know," Reid said. The coach held a straight face while reporters laughed, then cracked a smile before he corrected himself. "Just some basic stuff," he said. "That's all we're going to do." "I think everybody is, including, most of all, himself," Reid said. "I think he wants to get in and play again, so we'll see how that goes. I can't tell you right now how much he's going to play. "He's shooting to play this game, and we'll see how he does this week and how he'll feel the closer we get to the game."

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

its gonna be interesting watching him play. two years away from the game, he isnt gonna be the same QB

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Well his first practice he completed 2 50 yard bombs to jackson and maclin.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

lets crown him king of the QBs then
    cause we all know practice is everything

5. ball in the baskett

Im just saying hes been looking good in practice he cant be that off.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Favre looked good practicing with high school kids...lol.

7. ball in the baskett

lol true we will have to wait and see.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

all joking aside
    if I hear that Vick is in the game, I will turn it on and see how he does

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll watch it...definitely...

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I still want to know what the plan is. Do you keep the future in Kolb, the reliable back-up in Feely, or the soup king McNabb. Having four QB's is stupid and if they plan on using Vick as anything other than QB he has to be listed as something else.

11. ball in the baskett

He cant be listed as anything else with the #7. I think AJ might be on his way out we could always trade him back to the dolpins :icon_cheesygrin:

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wow now that makes sense. Ummm yea he can be listed as something else. Look at Devin Hester but good try. If Vick is listed as a QB and is not #2, if he gets brought into the game then both McNabb and who ever is the back-up can't re enter the game.

13. ball in the baskett

No he cant they were talking about it on eagles live. There is no receiver with a single digit number he would have to change his number to move. Its some weird rule i dont get it but thats what they said.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Ok dude. Believe what you want, but once his number is official and he changes his position he doesn't have to change his number due to the cost of paying to have his jersey changed by I believe Reebok.

15. ball in the baskett

He can be used on the field any way they want as WR RB qb but as long as hes number 7 he has to be LISTED as a QB. RB,WR,TE are not aloud single digit numbers. In college its allowed look at reggie bush he was 5 and in the nfl he wouldent be able to play with the number 5.