Andy Reid Losing Power Within The Eagles Organization?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jul 18, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

As the years have passed since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl, a team source said, the balance of power in the front office has shifted away from head coach Andy Reid and back to team president Joe Banner. The Eagles' main decision-makers – owner Jeffrey Lurie, Banner, Reid, and new general manager Howie Roseman - bend over backward to say that Reid is the one who has final say on all football decisions. Reid runs the football operations, but Banner negotiates the contracts and manages the salary cap. When a tough decision has to be made - such as trading Donovan McNabb, releasing Brian Westbrook, or not re-signing Brian Dawkins - is it really Reid who makes the decision? "If you ask me who's running the show, I'd say Joe Banner, without question," said a team source who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic. "All along, Joe's the boss. Jeffrey's the owner, Joe's the boss. Everybody knows that. When Andy first came here, he had the power. We were winning. It was like a shared type of thing. But guess what? Joe's got all the power again, and that's it."

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lol. First off, anonymity. Second off, this sounds like a child bitter that their child took their Xbox away.

Stir-the-pot fail.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

when have you "ever" seen a sourse's idenity given out ? never. especially with a team that fires low level employees for speaking the truth on facebook.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Still bugged about that one huh smeags. Wasn't that like 3 years ago?
    If their is any truth to this article and the power has shifted then Reid will be unfairly screwed if Kolb and the new young secondary sucks....as opposed to fairly screwed if it was Reid's decisions in the 1st place.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

ummm it was last year twinkletoes. may wanna stop raiding the pharmacy there dr. house. :icon_smile: (just a joke mods, wouldn't want an infraction)

nobody ever gives out a source so calling the article crap because of that doesn't hold merrit.

if you step away from the situation as a fan of the team it doesn't sound too far fetched though. head coach/GM, while very successful has come up short over and over again. what team wouldn't make such a move after 11yrs of that ?

either way i don't care, while i am not a fan of reid's i feel even less confident in two nerds running the team but if it brings about a lombardi trophy that's all that matters.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You really think Reid's gone if they don't succeed this year? If so that sucks, I thought the Kolb transition should buy him at least 2 seasons.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I agree...2 seasons.
    Was that really just last year?!?! Feels like that trivial bit of news was forever ago. Maybe it's just because I cared so little then and still care so little now.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

PS Card him mods!!!! I felt personally attacked when he referred to me as a famously unstable and drug addicted fictional character. In fact a yellow card is insufficient for my pain and anguish. I call for the ban hammer!

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

PPS j/k

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

two years makes sense but not so sure the nerd standard would be willing to can reid while he is still owed money on his contract.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Nerd standard. Ha!

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Bill Cowher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

awesome - now if only cohwer were the gm & head coach.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I have very little gripes about the personnel that the Eagles have had for the past five years. You? I think we've hit and missed like all teams do, but we have been in the playoffs more often than not which is a testament to the talent drafted/brought in via FA as well as the coaching and staff.

Have the right pieces been in place? No, no trophy to show for it. Which is why we saw some of our seasoned vets hit the road.

If the right candidate came along, I'd be okay with ditching Reid, but look at the coach new hires as of late. Many are crap.

I'd say if this youth movement doesn't pan out in a few years, we should start exploring other options. Donny has been the scapegoat for many people for a long time, it's time to see if those accusations were accurate.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

banner made a statement after the loss to the cards and it's showing to be something of signifigance. many many changes have been made, both good and bad.

reid did a decent job drafting. many teams did worse but some did better. i only compare reid to those that have done better because those teams are where i want my football team at. who gives a crap about comparing reid to gm's and/or coaches of teams like the browns or raiders?

one thing we can all agree on is that mcnabb is no longer here to be the scapegoat. justified or not.

i for one hope i am proven wrong about reid and he leads the team to a parade down broad street but i am not seeing that.

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I've resigned myself that the team will never win a Super Bowl no matter who is in charge.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^ negadelphian.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

x2 All true hope I had other then blind hope went with McNabb. Hope I'm wrong.