Andy Reid Non-Commitical About Michael Vick's Status Vs. Titans

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Eagles coach Andy Reid answered several questions about quarterback Michael Vick, who did not arrive at the stadium until 12:15. Reid said he and Vick met and he told Vick that he would only play in an emergency for a handoff or goal line play. Vick, tabbed as the third quarterback, remained in the locker room and did not dress for the game. "I kept him in the locker room and kept him away from anything that happened on the field," Reid said. "I wasn't going to let him in the game and throw the football. The chances of him getting in were slim to none .. It was completely for an emergency. The coaches already had receivers coached up to take snaps if it was an extended period." Pressed again about Vick's arrival, Reid said, "You're killing me. I told the kid to show up at 12:15. He showed up at 12:15. That was it. Enjoy the win." Reid said Vick was making "huge strides" in recovering from a rib cartilage injury. The Eagles visit Tennessee next Sunday but Reid would not say that Vick would be ready for next week.

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:lol: