Andy Reid Says Eagles QB Donovan McNabb Has Stepped Up As Leader

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Donovan McNabb has answered questions before about his role as the Eagles' leader and he answered them again yesterday after coach Andy Reid reiterated his feelings about the way the quarterback has taken charge in his 11th season. "He is that senior guy that Tra [Thomas] had been before and [Brian] Dawkins had been before," Reid said before practice yesterday. "Now he is it, and he has a bunch of young guys around him, more than he has before. He always did a good job, but he just took it up another notch." For his part, McNabb said he is not doing things any differently than in the past, and he continued to maintain that being labeled a leader has "always been overrated." "I've answered this for the last I don't know how many years," McNabb said. "You say what you have to say, and you prepare yourself to go out and play well. In certain situations, you have to step up and talk to guys and make sure they're on the same page."

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

nice, only took him 11 seasons.

1 person likes this.
  3. smeags

smeags militant geek

hey, reid is super cereal this time.

4. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I have lost track of how many times he has stepped up as a leader. Is this some type of 12 step program to be an effective leader that Reid has setup for McNabb based on his boys rehab program?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Finally...lol...