Anyone Here Still Play Or Did Play Football? Share Some Memories

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Platoon 86, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I walked on my senior year wanted to play LB
    Coach told me he didnt take walks ons and asked me to leave

i got great enjoyment out of the team going 0-10 on the season
    I wasnt great, not even really good, but to not even give people a chance made his failures worthwhile to me

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I went my senior year went throught the first day thought the things they told to us do were gay and dident go back the team sucked that year to.

Im not stomping my feet and grunting thats just retarted pretty sure pro teams dont do that.

the coach was also a rod and i saw him throw a ball at a linemans face i was like heck that kind of coaching and after practice went to perkins

3. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Okay, things have settled down for the most part, so I'll get into more detail now.

I played 3 years at my high school up in Seattle (South Kitsap if you've been there before) soph-sr years. The coach was a bit of a defensive nut-case, and had us run a 1dl-5lb-5db formation for most of the game, and I was playing LB2 or LB4, which if you try to translate it normally, is sort of a 3-4 DE. My best friend through high school was in whatever of those positions I wasn't. One time junior year we decided to switch our jerseys for an entire game on the road against Foss, just to see if anybody noticed. The coach didn't even realize we weren't the other person until we got into the locker room at halftime. :lol:

I moved back to Houston after graduating HS, and got a third-string spot at DE behind a couple of seniors. The next year I got bumped up into the starting line-up as a DE, although I bounced inside several times over the course of 3 years, depending on who was out. Not many stories here (none as good as the last one), but we all had a good time on the team. My senior year ('03) we brought in Kevin Kolb and even in his freshman year he was able to rejuvenate our offense enough to get us to a bowl game that year.

During my UH days, I ended up spraining my MCL on the left knee and tearing the ACL in my right, and they still bug me, more-so when it's cold I've noticed. I wasn't gonna make it into any semi-pro/arena leagues as it was, but I'm not sure if I'd want to do that for a career anyways. It is one of those thoughts in the back of my head every once in a while, but things have turned out well as it is.

My family still plays back-yard games during gatherings for Thanksgiving and other random holidays and birthdays. I try to keep in touch with my UH teammates, but a lot of them have gotten lost in the world the last 5 years.

1 person likes this.
  4. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

You must spread some reputation around before giving to brakos82 again.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I gave it to him for you CW19

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

i play football. we have amateur leagues here in GB.

start at the beginning shall we?

i first started playing for the fledgling Bolton Bulldogs in my last year of HS (that was when the team started) and we played in the Youth League (BAFYL - British American Football Youth League). After a stint at SS i moved to OLB when we switched to a 3-4 scheme where i was on the weakside and pretty much blitzed every play. i was undersized for a LB but i had DB speed which made me hard to block for tackles.

When i went to university i joined the Swansea Titans in the BUAFL (University League). my previous experience as a pass rusher was instantly dismissed because of the size issue (coach is a rod) and i was moved to free safety. i didnt like it. due to low numbers i was moved around a lot (HB, CB, FS, SS, OLB, KR) so didnt get into playing any one position. i even tried out as the LS.

after that season i played for the Lancashire Wolverines (same as PB but the senior team)during the summer period of no university. i played 3 games for them mostly on special teams for the first 2 then started at RCB for the final one. one pass completed on my side for 4 yards. yay.

when this season resumed i am now back with the Titans at LCB. i like to play physical and i get to blitz a lot (because most teams are extremely run-heavy) which is always good fun. the Titans QBs have stopped throwing my way on deep routes, which makes my arse of a HC think im not doing as good as the other CBs because i have less deflections and interceptions. he doesnt notice that they avoid me which is incredibly annoying. Last sunday we had a three-hour non stop full contact Off vs Def scrimmage and there was one pass completed on my WR (pure man coverage) for around 8 or 9 yards. i had a number of deflections and an INT, and then wednesday i was passed over for the starting job. like i said, my coach is a rod.