Anything Chargers Thread

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by efunk_adelic, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I live in SD and attend some games most of my relatives are season ticket holders. Welcome to the board.

2. efunk_adelic

efunk_adelic bolt fanatic

thanks Lites.... now you know what it's like to be on the other side. I believe your team is gonna make a big impact this year.

3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Awesome?

4. efunk_adelic

Osgood clutch with opportunity

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/osgood-clutch-with.htm

Wide receiver Kassim Osgood has patiently waited his turn to get more involved in the passing game, and Saturday night he took hold of an opportunity.

"I would have no second thoughts about Kassim jumping in the middle of any game on the line," said Chargers head coach Norv Turner.

That's exactly where Osgood found himself at University of Phoenix Stadium saturday, and gave Turner reason to feel the way he does. With the Chargers trailing 31-30 with under a minute to play in the game, Osgood got open on a corner route and hauled in a 23-yard pass from Billy Volek. He promptly and allowed Nate Kaeding to come in and kick a game-winning field goal.

"I just have to get in there and make the plays when they throw the ball to me," Osgood said. "Then I have evidence on my side when I go to court and have to be my own lawyer. I feel good about the case I made tonight."

Osgood finished the night with three catches for 59 yards, and all three went for first downs. Throughout his professional career, the San Diego State alum has had a desire to see more passes thrown his way but hasn't been on the field very much on offense. He's found other way to contribute as he's ascended to one of the NFL's top special teams performers, and his work ethic and selflessness has endeared him to teammates.

"I've always had a lot of trust in Kassim," quarterback Philip Rivers said. "There's not a ton of opportunities to give him a shot, but you know he's going to be in the right place and give you 100 percent effort."

The 2006 Pro Bowl special teamer also got a chance to show the toughness that has endeared him to Chargers fans. On his first reception of the night, Osgood was violently hit and spun to the ground but held onto the ball for a 24-yard gain. In addition to picking up a first down, he drew a nod of respect and approval from his coaches.

"That's a hell of a hit," Turner said. "He got up, spit the blood out of his mouth, came out for a play and was ready to go back in."

When asked if he thought his performance would lead to more opportunities, Osgood said he had no idea and promised that it wasn't something that he'd spend much time pondering. He was simply satisfied with the fact that he showed that he can be counted on.

"I got a chance to build some trust with the quarterbacks and let them know that I'm going to come down with the catch, regardless if I'm going to get hit or not," Osgood said. "It hurts less when you make the catch."

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I hope he's turned it around. The only thing stopping Osgood was his drops, if he fixed that he should get more playing time.

6. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

He's really improved. Has pretty good hands. Something Eric Parker needed last year in that Pat game.

7. efunk_adelic

I dunno but as far as i'm concerned Osgood has really stepped it up. Parker should be concerned for a spot on the team.