Arizona Cardinals 2014 Draft Grades

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by aschmidt, May 16, 2014.

1. aschmidt

aschmidt 2nd String

After a successful 10-6 season in 2013, the Arizona Cardinals went into the 2014 NFL Draft looking to upgrade a few positions. It was expected that the Cardinals would look for a quarterback and they got one in the fourth round with Virginia Tech’s Logan Thomas. The team’s first four draft picks however were interesting to say the least. Here is how Arizona did in the first three rounds of the draft. Round 1 (Pick 27)- Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State No one saw Bucannon being taken in the first round and this can easily be looked at a reach by the Cardinals. It is […]

Read the whole post here.

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

All I do know is Steve Keim wasn't going to risk losing Buchanon by moving down. Post draft pressers with Keim Arians had both of them extremely high on Buchanon. With Mathieu's return and effectiveness in question, Buchanon was both of their No. 1. Who am I to say.
    Agree with your take on Nicklas.
    The Martin pick only makes sense if their intention is moving him to the right side. Campbell will be on the left for the foreseeable future, but Darnell Dockett's shelf life at right DE is about one more season. So if they feel that Martin can be moved to the right he should be on the field much sooner than you indicate. If not, then I'd give this pick a D.

3. aschmidt

aschmidt 2nd String

You are on to something with the Martin/Dockett thing. Martin could see field earlier if they move him to the right side. We will see how Buchanon does. Just seemed too high for my liking. Only time will tell whether or not it works out for them or not.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Don't get me wrong about Buchanon, I was disappointed in trading out of #20 and passing on Dee Ford, but the cupboard was bare in terms of number of picks this year. As usual, a 5th or 6th rounder will trump everyone.....I hope.