Bears Agree To Terms With LB Pisa Tinoisamoa

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by dorotheajn, May 29, 2009.

1. dorotheajn

dorotheajn Special Teamer

Lovie Smith has a lot of faith in the play caller for his defense this season and the unit just added another part as linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa agreed to terms with the Bears on a one-year deal. Tinoisamoa, who the Rams tried unsuccessfully to trade, is just the latest addition in what has been a busy offseason for general manager Jerry Angelo, who has proven the Bears are more versatile when it comes to constructing the roster, dispelling the notion it is a draft-driven franchise

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That is one scary LB Corp there.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That is one awesome name.

4. andy82

He's been starting in the NFL for the last 6 years and you've only just realized who he is?

Either your post whoring or you are incredibly shallow.

5. ball in the baskett

Havent heard of him.

6. andy82

Wow.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

andy it's baskett, if he doesn't start for philly then he doesn't exist, but he might have his jersey

8. ball in the baskett

lol no, but i dont know every player in the nfl.

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

good pick up for the bears

10. andy82

Dude were not talking about some seventh round practice squad washout here, this is a former high second rounder who is an established veteran. It's just plain ignorance.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

This is probably the door opening for Hunter Hillenmeyer...

Tinoisamoa had a lot of success with Lovie when Smith was with the Rams...

12. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Was really hoping the Redskins would pick him up, we badly needed the help at LB.

Could be a great pick up if he stays healthy.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The good thing about being with the bears is that he won't have to be the only guy, and he will get plenty of rotation to keep him fresh and his being off the feild will be made up for by Briggs and Urls.

14. It isn't really. Yes, he may have been an established starter blah blah blah, but he is hardly a household name. Given the Rams haven't exactly set the world alight in the years he was there, it is highly conceivable that non-Rams fans would not have heard of a guy who would always have been way down a list of 'well known Rams' in an era where his team mates included Bulger, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Jackson, Pace and presumably others.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll definitely get tested early and often...especially if the Bears are going to the plate with 2 weakside LB's.

16. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

Good Luck Pisa. This was by far the only real questionable move by the new regime here in St Louis. He is not a beast nor a probowler, but he is a decent reliable LB. This does make the Bears better and does make their LB crew very scary to have to face

17. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

This comment is just plain ignorance. Can you name every player who is starting for every team that was picked in the top 2 rounds in last 7 years. Nope didnt think so. How about in the last 2 years. Cant do that either.

To call someone ignorant for not knowing who a player is on a team they dont watch is calling the kettle black

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Exatly what I was thinking when I heard about this signing. BYE BYE Hillenmeyer!