Bears At A Loss To Explain Their Losses

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BU54, Nov 8, 2009.

1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

CHICAGO -- I think I heard a collective groan here Sunday when Bears coach Lovie Smith stepped to the podium and said: “I don’t have a lot of reasons to give you on why we played that way.â€￾ In this case, however, I’m with Smith: The Bears’ performance Sunday was inexplicable.

FULL STORY
    Bears at a loss to explain their losses - NFC North - ESPN

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

When is Lovie going to realize that the cover 2 defense just isn't for this team? Then again, the cover 2 is all Lovie knows.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I don't believe it's as simple as questioning the cover 2. The DL has no consistent pressure even with the blitz packages, the LB corp is but a shadow of it's former self, & the secondary has way too much inexperience to read the plays in front of them.

The cover 2 isn't a favorite of mine but with all things being equal, no secondary can stay aggressive when the opposing QBs have the kind of time they do on average against the Bear DL. That's why we see LS using more of the bend but don't break coverage which has us 10 yards off the LOS.

Too many injuries & too many inexperienced players/underachieving players. Ditching the cover 2 would bring about the same results IMO...

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i can explain it. they were never as good as many led us to believe prior to the season and then they had a couple of key injuries. we are who we thought they were.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Damn, I start to confuse the Bears and Packers this year.... :icon_sad:

6. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

The real problem is Lovie IS completely clueless. ^ ^ ^

7. yeah that was classic in a bad way..this crap better stop or im going start calling in sick on mondays until the season is over