Bears Likely To Add A Running Back To Complement Matt Forte

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BigBlueBruiser, Feb 9, 2010.

1. According to beat writer Jeff twinkyerson, the Bears want to add a running back with "a little juice" to pair with Matt Forte this year. Forte can be somewhat forgiven for his disastrous 2009 season due to the hamstring and knee injuries in addition to an abysmal offensive line. He is lacking in big-play ability, however, so the Bears will explore upgrades on Kevin Jones and Kahlil Bell as a complement to their starter.

Source: NBC Sports

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

If anything they need to add a runningback and Matt Forte can complement him.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Forte will be the starter, no matter who they sign.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Such a bonehead post. The guy was overworked in his rookie year and played with a partly torn hamstring and sprained MCL whilst behind a horsecrap line and a passing attack that provided little support. No player would perform in those conditions.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaBearsrule4ever

Rep for telling it how it actually was.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I love how you always call me out. You watch and see he'll dominate this year! :icon_rolleyes:

His rookie season wasn't that impressive to begin with, the only reason he got alot of recognition for it was because he did alot more than what was expected from him. His rushing average wasn't great and he would touch the ball about 30 times a game so he was given a ton of opportunity to put up good yards. It's the same horsecrap line he ran behind in his rookie year, probably a little better though with the addition of Pace. Your argument is weak please stop with the boneheaded posts.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Going by your comment about Orlando Pace shows that you've obviously not watched the Bears (or the Rams) in the last few years. Pace is miles over the hill and suggesting he improved the line is hilarious.

And my argument is weak? My argument is the facts.

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The facts. Lol, I'm well aware of how much Pace's game has declined but even a crapty Orlando Pace is way better than John St. Clair or even John Tait for that matter. Whom of which they had starting at Left Tackle before Pace rolled into town.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Forte's rookie year: 3.9 yards per carry, just one tenth of a yard under the NFL average of 4.0.

Forte's 2nd season: 3.6 yards a carry. With the O-line the Bears had in 2009, it could have been worse. The O-line couldn't open up holes for crap for Forte compared to 2008.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The Bears O-Line has been subpar for years now, even when they were in the superbowl. It's hard to believe Lovie Smith hasn't addressed this problem. Once a new Coach comes in it should be their first order. Especially with Mike Martz running the offense.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i could see the taking mcknight or mcluster

12. DaBearsrule4ever

I guess having three 1,000 yard rushers in the last 5 seasons doesn't even matter then.:icon_rolleyes:

13. K Train

drafting chris williams (a pass protector) and making him play RT was stupid...hes weak in the run game, you need power on the right side and finesse on the left

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Chris Williams will only get better with experience. Yeah, he has little of it but give him time.

15. K Train

i love chris williams, i just think its a waste to play him on the right

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Then you have any other ideas who to stick at RT in the place of Chris Williams besides Orlando Pace?

17. K Train

no, but i think at this stage of paces career he would have been better at RT and let williams learn the LT position....the man allowed like 2 sacks in 4 years in the SEC at LT, he should be playing his natural position while pace is running on fumes