Bears QB Jay Cutler A Wants Say In Final Roster?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 86WARD, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

After Wednesday's last full-pads practice of the week before the Bears scale it down in preparation for Saturday night's preseason opener against the Bills, quarterback Jay Cutler was asked if he would offer an opinion on whom he wants on the final roster. "Oh yeah," Cutler said. "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them. But (offensive coordinator) Ron (Turner) and I have been on the same page since the start of training camp in what guys we wanted to see working in with me and what guys have stepped up and what direction we want to go with this group." According to coach Lovie Smith, players have input, but only so much. "Yeah, sure, all the players have influence, I mean we listen to them," he said. "Of course we'll listen to the quarterback, and not only the quarterback, but the rest of our team, too. We want to know how a player fits into the rest of the group. The quarterback has to feel comfortable with the receivers, so we listen to them but in the end we know who is going to make those kinds of decisions."

Source: Daily Herald

2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

this kid is a freaking idiot thinking he deserves any say at all...I hope he fails miserably...no offense Bears fans I just hate this pr**k.

3. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

QFT.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

He should have input...but no say. And the ONLY reason he would have "input" is because of his job title...and that's if management WANTS his input. Until then shut up and do your job. Speak only when spoken to...

More and more I think the Broncos will be better off with Kyle Orton...lol.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He got a big ego

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol hes a coach now

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Nothing wrong with some input but of course the final say goes to the coaches.

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Cutler should have a gag order in his contract, he's a complete butt...at least shut up until you win a few big games...he has a losing record and everyone needs to realize not all of that falls on the Defense. The QB had alot of bad turnovers, but I'm starting to sound like a broken record breaking out the Cutler stats ie every Cutler thread.

9. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

Hes kinda being a rod but I can see why he would like some influence on which receivers he works with. But if hes thinking he has influence over like D linemen thats hecked up

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

More Cutler drama...

Surprise!

11. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Haha, looooooossssssseeeeeerrrrr!

[​IMG]

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

theres no big deal here....he should get some say...not that his word is etched in stone but this isnt cutler being a pr**k

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

It's totally obvious that he hasn't read the Dale Carnegie book, How To Win Friends and Influence People.

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I think this is blown out of proportion. He just wants his opinion heard. That's all. Not like he's going to set the final roster. I think the coaches should want his imput before deciding on CERTAIN players. Not all players just certain ones.

15. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Wow you guys sure are hard up to find anything to bash Cutler about. Let me guess tomorrow we will have a headline about how he did not use his blinkers properly while changing lanes on the way to the team facility. :icon_rolleyes:

Cutler's input is going to come into play on the WR situation and why shouldn't the QB have input there? Especially with a relatively unproven and in some cases unknown receivers. Right now it sounds like Rashied Davis might be the odd man out.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Bingo. Especially with a prospective WR pool that includes two rookies and three other guys who don't have a lot of NFL game experience (Bennett, Rideau, Aromashodu). You know Hester is in of course. Davis has a lot of experience but seems to have made the worst impression in camp out of the entire group.

16. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Hey, it was the guy in your avatar and sig that called him a cat.

17. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Yeah and I own jerseys for both players now. Who cares? They settled whatever was or was not there.....depending on what & who you believe.

I doubt Urlacher will have any problem with Cutler when he takes pressure off the defense and keeps them from dying on the field all day. :icon_cheesygrin: