Bears QB Jay Cutler Already Alienating Fans?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, May 31, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, the rocket-armed Pro Bowl passer acquired this offseason in a blockbuster trade from the Denver Broncos, apparently isnt making himself very popular with the local fan base. According to David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune, Cutler is turning off some fans by refusing to sign autographs while attending Chicago Cubs baseball games. This piece of information does tend to reinforce the bad reputation that Cutler gained during his messy divorce from the Denver Broncos even though football isnt a popularity contest.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Let the man watch a ballgame. Everyone knows you ask for an autograph either at the urinal, during dinner after the food arrives, or when he has a lady friend sitting on his lap. Show some respect.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

What an butt why not sign autographs? Its not like the whole stadium is lineing up to get it.

4. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Cutlers a dousche. People are all eventually going to see and realize it.

5. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

I'm sure will all be forgiven as soon as he starts throwing TDs and winning games. So what if he's a rod. Last I heard Urlacher wasn't spreading the warm and fuzzies to fans he runs into either.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:2funny:

7. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

I was sitting 3 rows behind Kid Rock at a Piston game, he was getting mobbed. People passing stuff over to him it was silly. These guys while celeberties want to watch the game just like everyone else.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Well thats true like a couple would have been ok but if it got out of hand then its reasonable.

9. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

He eventually moved to mid court so no one could bother him. Its a lose lose for them, if they sign they miss the game, if they dont then they are rods.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Nah lets face it, everyone likes to label wide receivers or black players as me me me type players, but Cutler is the definition of a selfish personality.

As for the Wide Right's let the man watch the baseball game comment, if that's what he really came to do and didn't want to sign autographs than he should have been sitting in the suite's.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't blame Cutler one bit. Dude's trying to enjoy himself like everyone else at the game...

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

In a ways, I feel bad for the people who got turned down by Cutler but then again, I can't blame him either.

13. Gehring53

Gehring53 2008 National Champs

This is no big deal let the man just watch some baseball, i'm sure he'll sign plenty of autographs for chicago fans in months to come.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

you sign one, then you have to sign them all. give the guy a freaking break.

15. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Exality! One turns to two, two turns to three, etc etc etc.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Roy nailed it.

If you don't want to sign them sit in the suite.

17. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I was at a minor league ballgame in Buffalo sitting a section over from Jim Kelly and Boomer Esiason in 1990. The ushers wouldn't let any kids into the section. When the game ended I stood outside the hallway from that section and they both signed an autograph for me and about a dozen other kids.

They are there to see a game. There's a time and a place to bother them. Players don't owe you crap. You aren't entitled to an autograph because you recognized them in public.

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't blame Jay one bit. He just wanted to enjoy the game. Let the man do it in peace no matter where he is sitting. Like wide right said, the public isn't entitled to anything from him.

19. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I do not care for him, no matter what you say. He is a crying bed wetting momma's boy that has done what? Piss people off. Seems to me he excels at that. Screw Him!

20. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Screw sake who freaking cares? So dumb. I remember actual Cubs being total douchebags to fans over autographs (HELLO THAR GREG MADDUX) but I didn't hold it against them. Autographs are not some god given right for fans.

Anyone who is butthurt over not getting Cutler's ink at a baseball game will also be the first people calling his praises if he has a great season for the Bears. :icon_rolleyes: