Bears QB Jay Cutler Blames Devin Hester For Interception

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by -Scar-, Aug 16, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- Doomship Commander-In-Chi

Bears QB Jay Cutler was asked an innocuous question about what happened on the interception by Leodis McKelvin on an underthrown. Cutler appeared to throw off his back foot, and he pretty much implicated wide receiver Devin Hester. "Devin is more of a go-get it guy, he is not really a back shoulder or jump up and get it [guy],'' Cutler said. "You learn from it. We made some mistakes. It's the first preseason game. Luckily enough, we have some time to correct them and keep going." Say what you want about the quarterbacks that came before Cutler, and Kyle Orton's three-pick stinker Friday night in San Francisco said a lot on its own, but those guys never placed their receivers in front of the bus.

Source: Brad Biggs, Chicago Sun Times

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Where exactly is he "blaming" Hester?

3. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

He didnt really from what i read..

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Tho he's right about Hester, I'd like to ask Mr. Pass the Buck if he knew that, why the F did he throw the ball?

I don't care what he accomplished passing yards wise in Denver, yesterday was abysmal. He'd be better off just addressing his own heck ups than assessing others.

[​IMG]

The Almighty says, "Don't change the subject, just answer the heckin' question."

5. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

That quote to me sounds like Cutler saying he needs to learn not to put Devin in a jump ball situation because that is not his thing and that is 100% accurate. Wow, I guess the Chicago media is digging in their claws already.

I just love how the media already has their stereotype of Cutler set in stone and now everything he says must be twisted to fit that stereotype regardless of whether it fits or not.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

hester didnt stand a chance to make a play on that ball
    it wasnt anyones fault really

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sounds to me like Cutler is hinting on missing Marshall's big frame as a target. If I remember Olsen didn't play, so once Cutler gets his big target with Olsen this won't happen as much.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they really just want to make him sound as a huge douchebag

9. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

If it was anybody's fault it was Cutler's. I give him props for wanting to make a play, but he just threw that ball up and hoped for the best. Three things would have happened, 1. Hester would have come down with it, 2. All the hands clutter things up and the ball falls incomplete, 3. Interception.

Bottom line, he shouldn't have thrown it, but the offense wasnt doing well and he wanted to make something happen. It's okay if he does that now in pre-season where it doesnt count, but when he is lining up against the Packers and Steelers, he should take the sack or take off running.

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I really didn't see where he was blaming Hester in that segment but that pick was freaking sick by Leodis regardless of who was at fault for it

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

cutler is a little pr**k but this is a little much...the media is reaching

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cutler will never be in a win-win situation...

13. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Unless he wins. A lot. That would shut a lot of people up.

14. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

The one thing QBs are supposed to do is take the blame. It comes with the job (and the huge contract). You never dime out your receivers to the media or they won't respect you. The coach knows the reality of the situation and that's all that matters. It's the job of the receiver to say to the media, "I screwed up".

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

nice work not reading the article KM, he didn't really blame hester at all, it is the media twisting things as usual.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well when he says 'We made some mistakes.' he's putting some of the blame on someone else.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't agree, saying WE only means that as a team they made mistakes, I have no problem with a QB saying that but only if when they win the QB doesn't come back and say, I won the game.

18. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I didn't see where he blamed Hester or anyone else in the article...

19. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

This one is the media twisting words. I still don't like Cutler though.

20. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Hey cw!! :) Yeah, I never liked Cuntler...not gonna start now. :icon_cheesygrin: