Bears QB Jay Cutler Says Interceptions Not A Vision Issue

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Nov 23, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It’s not a vision issue, said Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler for his league-high 18 interceptions. A question for Cutler after Sunday night’s 24-20 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles was if his eyes betray him, particularly in night games because of his type 1 diabetes. “No,’’ Cutler responded. ``We’ve had good (blood/sugar) numbers all year long. Diabetes has never been an issue. It will never be an issue.’’ Twelve of Cutler’s 18 interceptions have come in four prime time games. “I think it is totally a coincidence, I really do,†offensive coordinator Ron Turner said of the interceptions at night. “It's not a situation where it's night, it's prime time and maybe he's trying to force the issue too much. That is not the case. I went back and looked at all of them—that hasn't been the case. I don't know.â€

Source: National Football Post

2. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Maybe Jay just folds under the spotlight?

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ive seen alot of his picks happen because of receivers letting them bounce off their hands, im just sayin

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

he left 12points on the field last night.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

You could probably knock off about half if not more of those on that & things like receivers not selling their routes/coming back for the ball/not keeping to their routes.

He's pressing waaaay too much. Can't blame him as much as I'd like with one of the worst run games around & how it's now a pass happy offense to make up for it. 52 & 43 attempts the last 2 games. :icon_rolleyes:

It's only going to get worse...

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I'm sorry to Bears fans, but I love seeing the whiny little snitch fail

7. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

:word:

8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's just wrong dude...

:icon_lol:

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

To be honest, half his INT's have been from botches by the WR's, the O-Line is letting him get hit constantly and the terrible playcalling from Ron Turner. He's in a real crap situation, yes he has been far from perfect, but to suggest it's all his fault is ludicrous.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear what you're saying and see it with my own team but those three overthrows had zero to do with the gameplan.

12. Tarkus

Agreed, smeagle

He owns those free & clear...

13. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

he has no confidence right now. and thats why he over threw those balls yesterday in the endzone.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

btw - what happened to the run game ? just a lack of calling runs ike us ? injuries to the o-line ? you have two good rb's from what i see.

15. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Yes and one pathetic coach and offensive coordinator/Ron Turner, as already mentioned.

16. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

he put himself in that real crap situation. No one to blame but himself for that.

1 person likes this.
  17. Tarkus

1 simple answer, smeagle...Jerry Angelo.

He's let the OL go for years by just going to the scrap heap FA. First he decided that LT Orlando Pace had something left after a stellar career but has shown limited mobility which the rest of the league apparently already knew.

Here's an interesting move by JA:

Picked up 2nd string tackle Frank Omiyale, who, as a rookie, was inactive for 2005 in Atlanta, saw action in 1 game in 2006, inactive for the rest, picked up by the Panthers, inactive for 2007, finally got 1 start in 2008 with action seen in 10 games. JA apparently saw enough that he thought it was a great move to sign him to a 4 year 14 mil contract & proceeded to make him a starter...at left guard. WTF...

He's just been replaced with Josh Beekman, in his 3rd year, who had started all 16 games last year, played average but somehow lost his starting job to the unknown Omiyale.

Olin Kreutz at center is long in the tooth & has lost the quickness that made up for his smaller staure. Never one to move out lineman but was sound fundamentally. Best days in his rear view mirror.

RG Roberto Garza has been a Bear since 2005, starter since 2006, sound but unspectacular. Not the worst but not the best.

Another gem is RT Chris Williams, drafted in 2008 as a LT, who missed half the year with a disc problem that was known before the draft. JA decided that the best thing to do was to switch him to RT & make him a starter. As a starter, he's been up & down & been having trouble with the switch.

That just about sums up the cluster heck that JA calls an OL. Throw in his added idea that we didn't need any experience at WR & you have the train wreck I get to watch ruining every Sunday. That doesn't even address a defense that is but a shadow of it's former self.

Whew...

After seeing it all in print again, I'm off to the liquor cabinet. :icon_rolleyes:

18. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Don't hang me or chastize me, but I've found this funny for quite some time now.

When Michael Vick threw 13 INTS, yet he's considered to be absolutely abysmal and a terrible passer (I know that completion percentage is a factor, but at the same time, Vince Young's career completion percentage is only 3 less than Cutler).

Yet, this year, Cutler comes out and throws 18 INTS, and it's like everyone is trying to cover for him by saying he has no help. Well, Vick had no help, Vince had no help (but his problems were mental....), yet I saw no one jumping in to say, well, they don't have any help. because he didn't (Roddy was a joke before Horn and our OC in 07 got on his case).

I'm not trying to say Vick was this excellent passer, because he wasn't, he was okay, and the fact that he could make people look silly on the ground allowed us to ignore that and give him more of a pass than we should've. But now I see people doing the SAME thing with Jay Cutler, and trying to give excuses such as "well, only 3 of those picks were his fault", when those 3 picks were the ones taht did them in.

I don't know, I'm just speaking.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Vick had a dependable running game, a steady O-line, and a steady defense.

20. Tarkus

I see your point, Atlanta, but I personally don't see the connection. Not to slam your guy but Vick was never a QB IMO & more of a scrambler who thought run too quickly. & like mj said, he had a ton more tools at his disposal.

I'm not making excuses for Cutler. He's making terrible decision at times but the reality is that the Bears brass have made crap personnel decisions that have created this. A team that has no running game has no chance. That has nothing to do with Cutler at all but it impacts any football team who has to throw to get any results. Toss in this rookie WR corp & you can't just pretend that it's a simple QB issue.

Slam Cutler, he deserves it like any player but you can't ignore the way this team was built, the inadequacies of this staff, the way the defense has played which has us playing from behind as a rule which is the perfect storm for INTs, & the lack of an OL/WRs. I just see the blame in many areas which if some weren't there, would see a definite improvement in Cutler's play.

Just my humble opinion...