Bears Sign Pro Bowl OT Jermon Bushrod

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Mar 12, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The New Orleans Saints are losing another free agent, as starting left tackle Jermon Bushrod has reached a five-year contract with the Chicago Bears.

Bushrod's departure marks the second Saints free agent to leave the team on Tuesday, the first day that free agents could sign with other teams. Earlier, backup quarterback Chase Daniel inked a three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Source: The Times Picayune

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Nice. Build up that O line.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Bears needed this badly.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He is a better run blocker than a pass blocker. Good move on the Bears.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

I think he and the saints o-line are a product of the system. They let him and nicks last year walk right out the door. Brees makes his line look much better than they are with his quick release and obviously the front office knows it.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Good pickup by the Bears. I wonder what Chilo is doing right now?

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

The bears are doing a great job filling needs. They should be really good next year.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, big pick-up for the bears o-line

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Guys, Bushrod was one of the worst OTs last season.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the saints were a mess last season. none of their players played like they normally do. bushrod has shown the ability the be a good lineman in this league and teams will pay for ability and assume in a stable, well-coached environment, they can return to form.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

SF72 said it best, his abilities were masked because Brees is quick with the ball. Especially the money the Bears gave him.

12. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

i think [MENTION=2876]DaBears22[/MENTION] would agree that anyone other than J Webb is an up grade..lol

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Definitely. It was against the Packers, I think week 2 or 3 when he and Cutler got into on the field and Cutler bumped him. Cutler was in his face because Matthews or somebody got around Webb too easily.

14. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

Yeah that's when cut asked Webb"can you handle it"?Webb said "yeah" .Cut "man up then"! Goes out and gets sacked 3 more times.lol

15. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

An actual OT that's not 'offensive' to the ears? :icon_eek:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming....

16. Buck Fenson

he isn't that great in pass protection. yes he did make the probowl but I wonder how much was him and how much was Brees. Winning so many games, they have to say the left tackle was key in a lot of it.

17. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

At this stage, it really doesn't make that big of a deal to me. He doesn't have to be 'great', just good in the pbutt. With some protection, Marshall, a 2nd year under Jeffery belt, the addition of Bennett, Cutler makes enough quick release throws to balance it out. Plus it would bring about a resurgence from Forte in the pass game.

Also throw in that he's a good run blocker which we sorely need also to keep the defensive dogs at bay.

Just think the risk/reward is there on this one...

18. Buck Fenson

if that is what you are looking for in a tackle then you got yourself a good player. I think he will fit more into your style of offense than with ours.